IT Systems Engineer
Mellon Romania, a subsidiary of Mellon Technologies and member of Mellon Group of Companies, was founded in 2001 in Bucharest. Our offering consists of specialized technological solutions and value added services, to serve the increasing needs of financial institutions and organizations with strong consumer transactions business, such as Retail Banks, Public Utilities, Telecommunications Providers and large Private Companies.Requirements
• BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related subject
• 5+ years of working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting Windows OS, Linux based environments.
• Proven experience in Storage System (NAS, SAN, DAS)
• Experience with Storage Area Networks, iSCSI, fiber channel
• Experience in LAN/WAN troubleshooting and maintenance
• Experience with network switches, firewalls, and routers
• Experience with virtualization solutions, knowledge of virtualization environments VMWare Experience with backup and replication technology (e.g. Veeam)
• Proven networking knowledge (network layers 2,3 familiar with Cisco appliances, TCP/IP)
• Proven and Solid experience in management of Sophos Firewall appliances will be considered a plus
• Basic knowledge of network and operating system security and best practices
• Basic knowledge of Linux based systems a huge plus and Linux console
• Knowledge of telephony protocol and Opensource PABX
• Experience with monitoring & troubleshooting systems
• Excellent troubleshooting skills by reading log files.
• Fluent knowledge of English Language (oral and written)
• Nice to have
o CCNA Certification
o VMware Certification
o Microsoft Certification
Mellon Romania is looking for a IT System Engineer to provide enterprise-level assistance to internal users. He/She will diagnose and troubleshoot software and hardware problems and help call center user by installing and maintaining applications and programs.
IT System Engineer responsibilities include resolving network issues, configuring operating systems and providing immediate onsite support. He/She will use email and ticketing application to give Mellon Romania users quick answers to simple IT issues. For more complex problems that require nuanced instruction, he/she will contact users via phone and/or provide clear, written instructions and technical manuals.
To be qualified for this role, you should hold a degree in a relevant field, like Computer Science, IT or Software Engineering. Having a Microsoft, Cisco, Linux, vmWare or similar certification is a plus. If you’re naturally a helper, enjoy assisting people with computer issues and are able to explain technical details simply, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will be a person our internal users trust. They will rely on you to provide timely and accurate solutions to their technical problems.
The ideal candidate will:
• Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure
• Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
• Proactively ensure the highest levels of HW systems and infrastructure availability
• Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
• Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
• Provide End User Support
• Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
• Provide technical assistance and support for all incoming IT Helpdesk request and issues related to computer systems, application, services, software, and hardware either in person or remotely over the phone
• Manage PC/Laptop setup and deployment for new employees with standard hardware, images and software
• Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software
• Maintain inventory of all equipment, software and software licenses
• Perform network monitoring diagnostics, proactive and preventative maintenance to ensure network systems are operational and running at peak performance
• Configure network appliances, operating system software, routers, switches, email accounts
• Perform company’s maintenance local and wide, wired and wireless area computer network
• Leads the day-to-day operational support for companies’ telephony network and PABXs.
• Implement, Setup and Configure Inbound and Outbound Telephony routing patterns.
• End Point Telephony Devices Management (Handphones, Softphones) and end user telephony support.
• Management and Configuration of Session Boarder Controller – VoIP Trunks with Telco Provides and Customers.
• Maintenance and Backup of Telephony Infrastructure
• Interface with Telcom Providers for technical analysis & implementation.
• Participate in Call Center technical projects and deploy new voice interaction services.
• Manage, configure and maintain Dialer (CTI) voice gateways.
• Troubleshoot Call Center and Customer’s data and voice issues.
• Participate in IT Security compliance audit by third party authorities and customers.
What we offer
• Opportunities to evolve into an international working environment
• Multicultural and excellent working environment
• Leading-edge technology
• Training and development opportunities