Business Intelligence Developer
Our BI team is looking for a new squad member, prepared to be a part of this one-way trip. Before reserving a ticket for this adventure, you need to know that we love smart ideas, exploring and joking around. For us, “sharing is caring” when it comes to tech discoveries and, once in a while, a piece of cake.
Since it’s not all about vacations, you must be thinking about what you would need to do on a daily basis. Here are some tasks:
- Design of the physical data model of the BI solution, ensuring alignment with the logical data model and balanced performance for data loading and user access
- Unit and integration testing of the BI components (before UAT)
- Support the roll-out of tested components, as necessary, to the production environment
- Performance tuning to ensure that the solutions comply with service level requirements
- Define and contribute to data and data quality standards, controls, procedures, and documentation
- Identify areas for data quality improvement and help to resolve data quality problems through the appropriate choice of error detection and correction
- Enhance business intelligence environment to help business units to make better decisions
- Consult and apply the proper data visualization techniques to meet the business user stories and self-service capabilities
- Work with project managers, business owners, subject matter experts, BSAs and DWH developers to execute projects within assigned timeline
It’s time to talk about your input in the organizational context, right?
- Data Governance and Data Quality initiatives: primarily in the form of maintaining the report inventory/catalogue, but also providing other support if/where needed
- Project delivery management: providing input regarding progress on activities and tasks for which responsible
- Estimation and demand management process: providing input for the estimation of relevant activities and tasks
- BI Support & Maintenance: providing clarifications and support if/where needed for the components within the scope and responsibility of the BI team
- Delivering technical training to members of the end-users and other departments (if needed).
Now that we have checked the “important things before leaving” list, here is what you need to have in your luggage before departing:
- Bachelor or Master degree in Economics, Statistics, Computer Science or equivalent
- Knowledge of business Intelligence tools (e.g. Qlik View, Qlik Sense)
- Knowledge of Database (RDBMS) and ETL tools
- Experience with:
- Analysis of business requirements and functional specifications
- Designing/development of BI artifacts
- Testing (unit testing, integration testing, user acceptance testing)
- Building Data-marts
- Working with Business Intelligence tools such as Qlik View, Tableau, Cognos, Power BI
- Architectural & implementation aspects for Data Warehousing & BI applications
You have all the information, what is keeping you in place? Be spontaneous, take the initiative and press the applying button, you don’t want to miss the flight! We can’t wait to get to know you and answer all of your questions.
“All BI developers please have your boarding passes ready and make sure that you have collected all your carry-on baggage. We are waiting for you at the Raiffeisen BI Development Gate”