The Product Owner (PO) is a member of the Agile Team responsible for defining Stories and prioritizing the Team Backlog to streamline the execution of program priorities while maintaining the conceptual and technical integrity of the Features or components for the team. The PO has a significant role in maximizing the value produced by the team and ensuring Stories meet the user's needs and comply with the Definition of Done. This role has significant relationships and responsibilities outside the local team, including working with Technical Product Management, Business Owners, and other stakeholders
- Work with cross-functional teams and various stakeholders, including Solution and Technical Architects, UX/UI Designers, Software Engineering, and Application Support
- Act as the customer proxy, work with Technical Product Management (TPM) and Agile Delivery Manager (ADM) to define and prioritize stories in the Team Backlog.
- Attend the relevant Product Management events for planning and Program Backlog/Vision refinement.
- Work on backlog refinement with the team and participate in sprint planning and user story estimation.
- Work in an Agile environment and continuously reviews the business needs, refines priorities, outlines milestones and deliverables, and identifies opportunities and risks.
- Solve product-related problems, make decisions, complete trade-off analysis to stay on track towards business deliverable commitments.
- Possess a fundamental understanding of end-to-end customer experience integration and dependencies.
- Collaborate with the delivery teams to define acceptance criteria
- Formally accepts user stories on behalf of the Business Owners, including review of test cases and assures that delivered users stories comply with its Definition of Done (DoD),
- Understand the scope of the upcoming enabler work and collaborate with Technical and Solution Architects/Engineering to assist with decision-making and sequencing of the critical technological infrastructures that will host the new business functionality.
- Participate in team's demo and retrospectives.
Candidate ProfileKey Behaviour
- Be comfortable working in a fast-moving environment where needs evolve rapidly and priorities change
- Balance of technical knowledge and business acumen
- Customer first, logical thinking mind set
- Proactive, self-starter with ability to manage multiple tasks effectively
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage, influence, and inspire partners and stakeholders to drive collaboration and alignment
- High degree of organization, individual initiative, and personal accountability.
- Team player (co-operative, support, be flexible, take ownership, appropriate challenge, maturity etc.).
- Interested in the evolution of the Equities, FX and Derivatives trading landscape.
- Agile Product Owner Certification/Training highly desirable
- Experience with Scrum, Kanban
- Previous experience within a similar role (Product Owner, Project Manager or Business Analyst), 3+ years minimum
- Proven track record of delivering complex solutions
- Strong analysis and problem solving skills
- Experience working with cross functional teams
- Experience systematically analyzing problems, drawing relevant conclusions, and devising appropriate courses of action
- Proficient in writing user stories, and following the development process through user story acceptance
- Experience with Behavior Driven Development (BDD) highly desirable
- Proficient in using Jira/Confluence
We are looking for intellectually curious people, passionate about the bigger picture of how technology industry is evolving, ready to ask difficult questions and deal with complicated scenarios. If you are creative and a problem solver, this is the place to be as will be supporting you to fast-forward your career.
We maximise each employee's potential through personal development through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal. We believe in remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
- 25 days' holiday per year
- Share Purchase Plan
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Coverage
- Life insurance
- Pillar 3 Private Pension Plan
- Meal Vouchers
- Flexible Benefits
- Volunteering Events
- Team Buildings
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise - and our purpose. You'll be part of an organisation of over 25,000 people, spanning 70 countries. We recognise the individual perspectives each of our colleagues brings, and our diverse workforce is one of our greatest strengths. In supporting collaboration and creativity and encouraging new ideas across a diverse and inclusive workforce, we can improve how we are driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support from healthcare and retirement planning to paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information the London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) ("We") may hold about you, what it's used for, and how it's obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.