Site Reliability Engineer
The role is for an SRE within a newly formed Site Reliability Engineering team. The engineer will be responsible for developing the infrastructure and automation to operate multiple platforms running both on premise and within AWS.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in software development, operational tools like Elastic and/or Ansible and experience with modern build, configuration and release management tooling and processes. Some knowledge of managing infrastructure services would be useful, such as networking and system administration.
- Hands on development of operational systems. E.g. monitoring and deployment systems.
- Reduction in manual toil, automation of operational tasks.
- Systems integrations, automating the integrations between third party systems.
- Production support for your own systems.
- Own user stories end to end from requirements gathering through development and testing to implementation
- Follow the code development and testing life cycle
- Manage the implementation of change without adverse impact to continuity of service, adhering to existing change policy and processes, liaising with other business and technical teams where appropriate
- Write and maintain support documentation, technical specifications and user guides.
- Proactively identify and raise operational risks. Provide short term solutions whilst tracking long term resolution.
- Provide technical expertise to the other areas of the group
- Proactively identify and implement operational improvements for processes, performance and reliability
- Work closely with stakeholders to ensure their requirements are met and that they have full visibility of implementation.
- Support development changes, providing accurate estimates for time and capital costs, attending project meetings and analysing impact for proposed project work and meeting deadlines
- Develop an understanding of procedures and SLAs for all services supported by the team.
- Strong background developing on Linux
- Strong coding/scripting experience (C++/Java/Python)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to share information and work individually or as part of a team to solve problems
- Understating of computer networks and underlying protocols
- Pro-active approach to learning about and adapting to new technologies
- Experience with configuring and using a CI/CD tool such as Jenkins
- Experience with provisioning and configuration management using Bitbucket, Ansible, Terraform or equivalent
- Git source control using Bitbucket or equivalent
- Experience with AWS - AWS API, EC2, S3, RDS, Lambda, Route53, VPC, CloudFront, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, IAM, ADFS
- Understanding of the build and operation of web sites
- Experience of best practises to support always-on mission critical systems
- Appreciation of the business processes and their importance
- Knowledge of agile software development philosophies
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence
We are looking for intellectually curious people, passionate about the bigger picture of how technology industry is evolving, ready to ask difficult questions and deal with complicated scenarios. If you are creative and a problem solver, this is the place to be as will be supporting you to fast-forward your career.
We maximise each employee's potential through personal development through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal. We believe in remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
- 25 days' holiday per year
- Share Purchase Plan
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Coverage
- Life insurance
- Pillar 3 Private Pension Plan
- Meal Vouchers
- Flexible Benefits
- Volunteering Events
- Team Buildings
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise - and our purpose. You'll be part of an organisation of over 25,000 people, spanning 70 countries. We recognise the individual perspectives each of our colleagues brings, and our diverse workforce is one of our greatest strengths. In supporting collaboration and creativity and encouraging new ideas across a diverse and inclusive workforce, we can improve how we are driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support from healthcare and retirement planning to paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information the London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) ("We") may hold about you, what it's used for, and how it's obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.