Tech Lead/Principal Developer
The Principal Developer is a member of the Agile Team responsible for implementing software development strategy for Capital Markets Shared Technology Products; they apply business requirements and knowledge of software development lifecycles to guide the development of complex software products or customer solutions. The Principal Developer drives their development teams forward through their technical expertise and talent development. They work as a part of a Scrum team utilising Continuous Integration and Behaviour Driven Development, and adopting DevOps practices.
Implements the software development strategy for a set of Technology Products and applies business requirements and knowledge of software development lifecycles to guide the development of complex software products or customer solutions.
- Provides significant expertise in high-quality software design, architecture, product domain, process automation, software validation and verification testing
- Creates efficient software development processes
- Implements processes to produce code of the highest quality
- Designs, develops and delivers software solutions that align with architecture, operational and risk processes
- Works closely with the Research, Product and Sales teams to deliver products, services, enhancements and solutions to meet customer needs and align with the goals of the business line
- Creates highly effective and productive collaboration with other technical experts
- Acts as the go-to person for technical leadership across the organisation
- Ensures quality is built into everything we deliver as an organisation.
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Electronics / Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
- For some roles: Post Graduate/Ph.D in a quantitative field, or equivalent
- Significant knowledge of multiple programming languages, third party software products and expert in at least two of these
- Previous experience in an software development role
- Some experience of Business and Technical Analysis, Quality Assurance, Delivery Management, and / or Emerging Technology and Governance.
- Support Architects in designing technical solutions
- Take a role in design and implementation of products and platforms
- Hands on with deep technical expertise with knowledge that can be shared with the wider team
- Advocate and evangelise best practice engineering
- Have familiarity with security and operational best practices
- Working in a modern, agile environment (e.g. Scrum / Kanban)
- Promoting and driving innovation by actively advocating new tools, processes and technical developments to drive continuous development
- Providing technical leadership across technology choices and leading and mentoring best practices
- Producing clean efficient code based on specifications and developing components from UI to back end using modern languages and techniques
- Creating and maintaining deployment tooling and automation to support the CI/ CD pipelines
- Collaborating with team members on best practices, promoting effective cloud-based approaches and embracing agile methodologies to rapidly iterate solutions
- Driving innovation through rapid prototyping and iterative development
- Have expertise in a set of the team's domains, including the breadth of services, how they interact, and data flows between systems
- Able to work individually or with teams drawing on experience to recommend tooling and solutions aligning with organisational strategies. Influences organisation wide testing strategy
- Guides teams in anticipation of future use cases and helps them make design decisions that minimise the cost of future changes
- Actively contributes to security designs based on the organisation's security strategy. Fosters a security first mindset across teams, and leads by example. Has advanced knowledge of key security technologies, protocols & techniques (e.g. TLS, OAuth, Encryption, Networks)
- Have the ability to communicate complex ideas to non-experts with eloquence and confidence.
- Have an awareness and understanding of new technologies being used in finance and other industries and loves to experiment.
- Have a passion for being part of the engineering team that is forming the future of finance
We are looking for intellectually curious people, passionate about the bigger picture of how technology industry is evolving, ready to ask difficult questions and deal with complicated scenarios. If you are creative and a problem solver, this is the place to be as will be supporting you to fast-forward your career.
We maximise each employee's potential through personal development and through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal. We believe that remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
25 days' holiday per year
Share Purchase Plan
Private Medical Insurance
Pillar 3 Private Pension Plan
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise - and our purpose. You'll be part of an organisation of over 25,000 people, spanning 70 countries. We recognise the individual perspectives each of our colleagues brings, and our diverse workforce is one of our greatest strengths. In supporting collaboration and creativity and encouraging new ideas across a diverse and inclusive workforce, we can improve how we are driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support from healthcare and retirement planning to paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information the London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) ("We") may hold about you, what it's used for, and how it's obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.