API Software Engineer
To position MassMutual as a market leader for the next stage of growth, it is critical that we build top engineering capacity in a rapidly changing digital world. Romania has a significant pool of highly trained engineering professionals and so we are very excited to build operations in both Bucharest and Cluj.Requirements
▪ Java Web applications • RESTful Services • Java Message Service (JMS)
▪ Spring Framework knowledge and experience
▪ Experience with design/prototyping
▪ At least 1 year of experience in developing REST services using Java or Node.js
▪ Able to implement processes and troubleshoot to continue to improve operational stability
▪ DevOps experience and API Management Suite experience, both represent a plus
▪ Experience and understanding of Kubernetes (preferred)
▪ Experience with GitHub or GitLab
▪ Experience with generating technical documentation
▪ Experience using with Jira and Confluence
▪ Agile Methodology - comfortable working in a scrum environment
▪ Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Business Information Systems or equivalent educational or professional experience, and/or qualifications with at least 2-5 years of experience in software development.
▪ Learner - shouldn’t be shy to learn any new technology.
▪ Quality Focused - should believe in code quality and be able to highlight challenges/issues with current code.
▪ Shift left mentality - i.e. quality is owned by the team rather than just a QA tester.
▪ Clear and effective communication skills - verbal and written.
▪ Critical Thinking - ability to dive into a problem, dig in to help SDETs and then pull up as needed.
▪ Ability to visualize the flow of data through a complex application is critical to your success, and to the team.
▪ Build and maintain APIs & Kafka Integrations:
- Supporting on premise and cloud platform environments such as AWS
- Develop, integrate and test run time execution of APIs.
▪ Analyze performance requirements and performance of current APIs and actively remediate tech debt with those.
▪ Assist in production setup, monitoring and roll out to partners.
▪ Active “developer on call” to support maintenance and issue remediation of the APIs:
- Debugging existing software and correcting defects.
▪ Contribute to the conceptual and physical design of application integration using APIs and events.
▪ Integrating existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments.
▪ Writing or reviewing software system documentation and ability to share knowledge is a must.
▪ Be able to “debug” a code; critically think to highlight where issues are coming from.