Senior QA Engineer
About The Data Solutions Capital Markets Technology Team
Data Solutions for Capital Markets Technology team provide data solutions for the Capital Markets business. The team is comprised of Corporate Data Warehouse (CDW), Business Intelligence and Front-End teams, Application Development (App Dev) teams, a Solution Architect and Quality Assurance team. The team works as a collective to design and build valuable data solutions for Capital Markets business.
The team is responsible for providing an AWS cloud-based data factory (Kafka, EMR, Spark and Flink). The cloud data warehouse is Snowflake with Matillion as ELT tool.
To carry out the following key tasks as QA engineer within Data Solutions UK team:
- To work within the LSEG capital market technology Data Solutions UK team and be responsible for functional, non-functional, regression and end-to-end certification of Data Solutions. This has contained Java applications, Corporate data warehouse and Business intelligence reports.
- Work with Capital Markets QA manager to implement QA strategies across the whole Capital markets.
- Work with the existing Data Solutions QA teams, off-shore QA resources to implement QA strategies to be consistent with the strategies across the Capital Markets.
- Work with Technology Product Management, Development, Testing, Support, Project Management, Operational Support and Business stakeholders to understand functional and non-functional requirements, agree on acceptance criteria, plan, design and develop test scenarios and take ownership of testing cycle.
- Must have multi years’ testing experience on Java applications and Corporate data warehouse technology such as ETL, data migration. Testing experience on BI tools such as Tableau will be also important.
- Understanding of modern test automation approaches (TDD, BDD etc) and how they fit into a continuous delivery and continuous testing model
- Must have proven test engineering capability with test scripting in Java or Python experience preferred
- Manage software testing of both BAU and Project changes working closely with related groups such as Technology Product Management, Development, Testing, Support, Project Management,
Operational Support and Business stakeholders
- Must have solid understanding of test tools and techniques to perform test planning, analysis and test execution (both manual and automated)
- Must be able to analyse complex functional and non-functional requirements, document detailed test scenarios and test cases and build necessary test data for execution
- Able to manage stakeholder expectations, raise project delivery risks and provide regular status updates.
- Good understanding of agile processes, participate in backlog grooming sessions and daily sprint
- Support and assist the Quality Assurance and Testing Manager in the management of quality and test assurance activities across all the product teams and contracted support partners
- Strong communication skills and good interpersonal relationship skills and strong team player.
- Being able to develop and contribute to the design of solutions.
- Being actively involved in all planning sessions and aiding task breakdown and estimation.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years’ experience as a QA engineer
- 5 + years’ experience in data warehouse and Java applications
- Strong experience in C++/Java/Python to build and maintain test automation frameworks
- Strong Capital Market domain knowledge - Credit, Rates, FX or Equities (Equities preferred)
- Must have delivered TDD/BDD test automation frameworks with complex finance systems – Cucumber for Java/Specflow/Cypress/Nightwatch etc
- Experience with Server-Side Testing (FIX, XML, Log Files)
- Knowledge of Linux and scripting experience
- Good understanding of continuous testing tools such as Jenkins and source code management tools including Git.
- Experience of working with offshore/suppliers of testing services
- Strong influencing skills and able to challenge status-quo to deliver best practice solutions
- ISEB / ISTQB foundation or above certification.
- Experience of Agile methodology and measuring quality metrics for agile teams
- Strong communication skills in verbal and written English
- Test automation experience of ReST and SOAP based APIs and Web Services using single and multi-threading
- Load and Performance Testing experience - Load Runner, Performance Centre and JMeter or similar tools
- Deep understanding of front-office trading functionality - trade lifecycle, trade booking models, trade pricing execution workflows, trade reporting and new product onboarding.
We are looking for intellectually curious people, interested in the bigger picture of how technology industry is evolving, ready to ask difficult questions and deal with complicated scenarios. If you a forward thinker and problem solver, this is the place to be as will be supporting you to fast forward your career.
We maximise each employee’s potential through personal development through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal. We believe in remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
- Pillar 3 Supplemental Pension
- 25 days’ holiday a year
- Private medical insurance
- Group life insurance policy
- Meal vouchers
- Share Purchase Plan
- Volunteering Days
People are at the heart of what we do and drive the success of our business. Our culture of connecting, creating opportunity and delivering excellence shape how we think, how we do things and how we help our people fulfil their potential.
At LSEG we embrace diversity and actively seek to attract individuals with unique backgrounds and perspectives. We break down barriers and encourage collaboration, enabling innovation and rapid development of solutions that make a difference. Our workplace generates an enriching and rewarding experience for our people and customers alike. Our vision is to build an inclusive culture in which everyone feels driven to reach their potential.
We know that real personal growth cannot be achieved by simply climbing a career ladder – which is why we encourage and enable a wealth of avenues and interesting opportunities for everyone to broaden and deepen their skills and expertise.
LSEG are committed to supporting emotional, physical, financial and societal wellbeing. Our tailored benefits are a key part of this commitment and we offer colleagues a range of support from healthcare and retirement planning to paid volunteering days and consumer discounts.
We also make reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If an accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please make your recruiter aware, we want to ensure you perform at your best.
As a global organisation spanning 70 countries and one rooted in a culture of growth, opportunity, diversity and innovation, LSEG is a place where everyone can grow, develop and fulfil your potential with purposeful careers.