Senior DevOps Lead
Are you ready to stretch your boundaries and join a global financial markets infrastructure business and a dynamic work environment to enable your long-term career development?
We are currently looking for a DevOps Engineer to join the London Stock Exchange Group team. This role belongs to the LCH business unit, which is a leading multi-asset clearing house.
As part of the development team, this role is accountable for the implementation and delivery of Securities Clearing systems into the private cloud (on-premise, with but looking to expand out to the public cloud) and the development of tooling and standards. The Lead DevOps Engineer will be a key member of the team, concentrating on delivering new automated functions, crafting a mature application infrastructure in each iteration, and working with the team to improve their time in delivering new business solutions.
Description of the role:
- You will be part of a development team responsible for building and delivering the new hosting platform for Securities Clearing systems;
- Working with business users and the infrastructure teams, you will be involved in the analysis of project proposals, design & architecture, build, deploy and post go-live support, including intraday and overnight.
- You will analyse, develop, and maintain the security of the clearing systems including remediating cyber security vulnerabilities.
- You will deliver the business requirements in an agile way.
- You will work in a fast-moving environment, with high standards.
- 3 years in automating complex software/platform deployments (to a private datacentre or private cloud).
- Extensive experience in developing CI-CD pipelines (preferably using Jenkins global libraries).
- Experience in application deployment using Ansible and scripting languages (Groovy, Python, shell, PowerShell).
- Experience in administration of Linux servers and services (working knowledge of SMB).
- Experience with source control systems (Git, Bitbucket, GitHub).
- Experience in deployment, configuration, and deep dive troubleshooting experience with complex 3 tier applications consisting of multiple technologies.
- Experience using SQL: stored procedures, database design for relational databases (such as Sybase, Oracle, PostgreSQL, etc).
- Experience in working in an agile environment.
- Understanding of basic networking principles and ability to identify and remediate cyber vulnerabilities.
- Experience in testing deployments (unit testing, build acceptance, smoke, performance tuning, TDD, BDD).
- Experience with infrastructure as code (HashiCorp Terraform).
- Experience with application server deployment and configuration (Tomcat, WebLogic).
- Experience with any of the following technologies/tools: SOAP, REST, JSON, XML, Java mail API, LinuxGenFire, HashiCorp Vault.
- Experience in virtualization (VMware).
- Experience in C++ development.
- Experience in Financial Services Sector.
- Windows Server and Active Directory administration.
This role will suit someone who:
- Has a degree in computer Science or related area.
- Is energetic and enjoys being part of a demanding environment.
- Has ambition to succeed, shows initiative.
- Is organised, has excellent attention to detail.
- Has the ability to learn quickly and demonstrates a can-do attitude.
- Has phenomenal interpersonal and communication skills.
- Has the ability to liaise with business and non-business people.
- Can establish credibility quickly.
We are looking for intellectually curious people, interested in the bigger picture of how technology industry is evolving, ready to ask difficult questions and deal with complicated scenarios. If you are a forward thinker and problem solver, this is the place to be as we will be supporting you to fast forward your career.
We improve each employee’s potential through personal development through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal. We believe in remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
- Pillar 3 Supplemental Pension
- 25 days’ holiday a year
- Private medical insurance
- Group life insurance policy
- Meal vouchers
- Share Purchase Plan
- Volunteering Days
People are at the heart of what we do and drive the success of our business. Our culture of connecting, creating opportunity and delivering excellence shape how we think, how we do things and how we help our people fulfil their potential.
At LSEG we embrace diversity and actively seek to attract individuals with unique backgrounds and perspectives. We break down barriers and encourage collaboration, enabling innovation and rapid development of solutions that make a difference. Our workplace generates an enriching and rewarding experience for our people and customers alike. Our vision is to build an inclusive culture in which everyone feels driven to reach their potential.
We know that real personal growth cannot be achieved by simply climbing a career ladder – which is why we encourage and enable a wealth of avenues and interesting opportunities for everyone to broaden and deepen their skills and expertise.
LSEG are committed to supporting emotional, physical, financial and societal wellbeing. Our tailored benefits are a key part of this commitment and we offer colleagues a range of support from healthcare and retirement planning to paid volunteering days and consumer discounts.
We also make reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If an accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please make your recruiter aware, we want to ensure you perform at your best.
As a global organisation spanning 70 countries and one rooted in a culture of growth, opportunity, diversity and innovation, LSEG is a place where everyone can grow, develop and fulfil your potential with purposeful careers.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information the London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (“We”) may hold about you, what it’s used for, and how it’s obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject .