Technical Support Specialist
2Checkout (now Verifone) is the leading all-in-one monetization platform for global businesses built to help clients drive sales growth across channels and increase market share by simplifying the complexities of modern commerce. 2Checkout’s digital services, including global payments, subscription billing, merchandising, taxes, compliance, and risk, help clients stay focused on innovating their products while delivering exceptional customer experiences.
In August 2020, 2Checkout was acquired by Verifone, the leading global provider of payment and commerce solutions. Both companies share the same vision: to simplify modern commerce and facilitate frictionless experiences, enabling companies to optimize their business performance.
2Checkout will continue its journey as Verifone, having even greater financial strength, scalability, resources, relationships, and market potential.
Verifone is transforming everyday transactions into opportunities for connected commerce. Verifone is connecting payment devices to the cloud, merging the online and in-store shopping experience and creating the next generation of digital engagement between merchants and consumers.
Built on a 30-year history of uncompromised security with approximately 29 million devices and terminals deployed worldwide. Verifone’s team is known as trusted experts who work with clients and partners, helping to solve their most complex payments challenges. Verifone has clients and partners in more than 150 countries, including the world’s best-known retail brands, financial institutions, and payment providers.
Verifone revolutionizes commerce. Simply. Everywhere.
As part of the new journey, 2Checkout (now Verifone) is growing the talented tech team in Bucharest where it will create an R&D excellence center.
Almost 100 jobs will be open in the following months to work on top-notch payments like: integrating alternative payment methods, payments authentication, mobile POS application, payment gateway solutions, android platform for payment devices and others.
The new colleagues will have the opportunity to work with state-of-the-art technologies for solutions used in more than 150 markets in which Verifone operates. They will also contribute to the development of ultra-innovative payment solutions and integrated ecosystems used in all global sales channels, both online and offline, many of which do not currently exist in Romania. This is a collaborative and fast paced work environment, where people work with real time problems, that make a big impact in the industry.
What qualifications will you need to be successful?
- 2+ years of relevant experience in technical support/customer service.
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant fields, or equivalent.
- Excellent communication skills, you will resolve our partners’ inquiries and support your colleagues throughout the organization.
- Achievements – tell us what your greatest accomplishments are.
- Excellent command of English language (both written and spoken), preferably C1+.
- Results oriented attitude - our team and company’s primary interest is to deliver qualitative results.
- Solution oriented approach – we focus on delivering full solutions, not only replying to inquiries.
- A resourceful problem-solving attitude that drives you to seek out effective and efficient solutions.
- Analytical thinking – do you feel energized by dealing with complex issues?
- Team-player skills/Focus on developing and helping self & others – you will work in a multicultural environment, across different continents.
- Flexibility to work in shifts.
Nice to have:
- ITIL foundation concepts or degree.
- Experience working with Salesforce, ServiceNow, Jira and SLAs.
- Debugging, troubleshooting and bug reporting.
What you'll do:
- Increase your e-commerce knowledge, by handling Level1/Level2 B2B requests.
- The main support channels are tickets, chats.
- Work in shifts to cover a 24/7/365 schedule.
- Increase your soft skills, by handling adjacent tasks such as Social media reviews or escalations.
- Increase your focus and problem-solving skills, by troubleshooting 3rd party/custom platforms.
- Improve your analytical thinking, by being part of a team that works closely with the Incident Management Team.
- Maintain and develop a broad technical knowledge of 2Checkout`s features and services.
- Offer solutions to issues that are often non-standard or non-routine.
- Represent the first point of contact for internal 2Checkout departments, on product knowledge or technical enquiries.
- Adapt and develop prioritization skills by identifying appropriate resolutions within the required timeframe based on SLAs.
- Report performance or technical defects;
- Monitor the company's systems from a performance and uptime perspective;