Senior Full Stack Software Engineer
We’re an energized bunch, who love to be at the forefront of innovation. We make it our mission to develop and stay ahead of the latest trends and technology. Our goal? To put customers at the core of what we do and to deliver solutions that drive transformation and unlock the potential of people and businesses.Requirements
- 3-5 years experience in the field
- TypeScript (optional, would be nice)
- Puppeteer or equivalent (i.e. Selenium)
- JEST or equivalent (to support API and Database testing)
- Artillery.io (optional, would be nice)
What will you contribute?
Reporting to the Development Manager, the Senior Full Stack Software Engineer designs, develops, analyzes, and maintains high-quality software product applications.
Responsibilities & Deliverables:
Your deliverables will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Participates in software design meetings and analyzes user needs to determine technical requirements.
- Device detailed technical specifications from High level Architecture solutions.
- Review design suggestions and ensure the delivered code fulfills the expected level of quality.
- Test, debug, analyze and fix application problems/issues.
- Work closely with stakeholders to fix issues in a timely fashion.
- Follow the software development lifecycle process.
- Interacts with internal stakeholders to support product releases and/or resolve program problems.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
The Canadian mortgage market is sizeable with outstanding mortgage credit of $1.5 Trillion, and >$400 Billion in originations annually. Historically our Canadian Mortgage Technology business (branded as Filogix) has been a strong and stable business facilitating over 95% of broker-originated transactions. There is significant opportunity in Canada (and potentially beyond) to expand market share and disrupt the dominant traditional retail lending channels. The future is very exciting for this business as the key areas of growth for Canadian Mortgage Technology includes API Proliferation (expanding origination sources beyond broker channels to grow volume) and Data Monetization (leverage vast data sets and marketplace positioning to capitalize on AI / ML possibilities).