Junior ETL DevOps engineer - Unite Data Management@ ING Tech
ING Tech Romania is ING`s global hub for technology providing over 121 services for 24 ING entities globally. These services are grouped in the following main categories: Software development, Data Management, Non-Financial Risk & Compliance, Audit.
As part of the development towards a “Next Generation Digital Banking Platform”, ING is renewing the data management capabilities globally. The Tribe Data Management realizes, as part of the “Unite program”, an integrated data management platform for the Dutch and Belgian organizations: the “Unite Data Lake”.
The members of the Tribe are in The Netherlands, Belgium and Romania.
Your day to day
· As a DevOps engineer (engineering mentality) you will be working in a scrum content squad of 6-8 people consisting of three or four other DevOps engineers and two or three Business Analysts. In addition, there will be a Product Owner who decides on the priority of the user stories. Each data content squad is responsible for their own set of sources from the extraction of the data, either in real-time or through batches, to the delivery of Data Marts for Cognos Reporting.
· The daily tasks will consist of designing, developing, testing and deploying artefacts, mainly involving IBM InfoSphere DataStage, IBM Netezza/Oracle Exadata, IBM Cognos Analytics.
· Maintaining the applications running in our Data Lake is the operations part of your job. You and your fellow engineers are not only responsible for what you build but also for monitoring the squad’s assets, including incident management and bug fixing.
· On the job you will learn how to analyze data and build physical model at the various stages of the data pipeline: Operational Status, Information Warehouse and Data Marts.
· The role may require occasional travel to Belgium or Netherlands
We are looking for someone with:
· Bachelor or Master’s degree in IT, final year of study is also accepted
· Good knowledge of SQL
· Basic experience with Linux operating system or other Unix systems
· Good command of English
· Good communication skills, both verbally and in writing
· Willingness to learn and experiment with new technologies
· Enthusiastic personality, enjoying working in a multi-cultural environment
· What’s in it for you:
· Flexible working schedule, which usually includes two days of WFH, but we can adapt to any situation, we work fully remote for the moment;
· Extra vacation days, depending on your entire working experience;
· We encourage personal and professional development, so we invest in your learning by putting at your disposal a budget for trainings, workshops and certifications;
· Because everybody is working from home and we really understand that is not always easy, we have built an online well-being program that can help you manage this stressful period;
· We also have a cool community and your colleagues will help you to integrate fast;
· We support each other, and we share our work and passions on an online Tech Neighborhood;
· A relaxing environment will be awaiting for you back at the office, with a flexible desk policy that allows you to work from an office desk, but also from a couch or from the terrace;
· And when you will need a break, you can have a tea from Teapigs and/or a coffee from Nespresso which you can enjoy while reading a book from Bookster;
· Even though we work fully remote this does not mean that you can`t enjoy your own monitor and chair from the office at home while our live DJ sets plays you chillaxing music