Cloud Senior Engineer (AWS or Azure)
To position MassMutual as a market leader for the next stage of growth, it is critical that we build top engineering capacity in a rapidly changing digital world. Romania has a significant pool of highly trained engineering professionals and so we are very excited to build operations in both Bucharest and Cluj.Requirements
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent, 5 years in architecting and implementing fully automated (IAAC/Terraform), secure, reliable, scalable & resilient multi-cloud/hybrid-cloud solution.
• Must have hands-on experience with Kubernetes, microservices architecture.
• Experience with network infrastructure skills (e.g. setting up and managing firewalls, WAFs, network segregation, VPNs and network ACLs).
• Experience with multi-cloud architecture.
• Experience with DevOps concepts, tools (containers, (CI/CD - Github, Jenkins, Artifactory, Helm), Chef, Ansible, Puppet etc.) and emerging technologies.
• Experience with on-premise to cloud migration.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Able to thrive in a collaborative and cross-functional environmen.t
• AWS /Azure certification e.g., Solution Architect, Developer, Administrator, Security, DevOps.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• 3-5+ Years of experience in AWS/AZURE cloud.
• CKA Certification - Certified Kubernetes Administrator or CKAD - Certified Kubernetes Application Developer.
• Nice to have - Subject matter expert in Cloud Security and/or Cloud Networking.
• AWS /Azure certification preferably at professional level.
• Work closely with solution architects, cloud engineers and provide support to senior staff, ensuring designs align with technical and business direction across the company.
• Write clean, high-performance, well tested infrastructure code with a focus on reusability and automation (i.e. Shell, Python, GoLang, Puppet, Terraform etc…).
• Work collaboratively with Cloud/DevOps developers, platform delivery lead, solution architects, enterprise architects to define and develop secured, highly scalable enterprise cloud products.
• Explore and recommend new technologies/services. Articulate the advantages of various solution options.
• Provide recommendations on architectural changes in order to improve efficiency, reliability and performance and to reduce cost.
• Support platform delivery lead on the prioritization of the product backlog, refining product roadmap, reporting, KPIs & releases.
• Actively participate and contribute on all sprint ceremonies (daily stand-up, sprint planning, sprint retro, sprint demo and backlog grooming).
• Collaborate with Cloud/DevOps engineers to solve technical and design problems.
• Conduct and oversee design & code reviews.
• Define platform software engineering standards and ensure compliance.
• Monitor platform products quality and work closely with Cloud/DevOps engineers to improve it.
Technical Design, Development & Problem Solving
1. Highly seasoned professional with specialized skills/knowledge, that is recognized across the organization for their expertise.
2. Experience to independently develop algorithms and deliver results in production environments at scale.
3. Ability to take on proof of concepts to proof new technologies.
4. Problem solve with little to no guidance.
Execution & Delivery
1. Ability to independently execute complex, long term projects.
2. Publish, patent, and/or open source novel work.
3. Optimizing the delivery approach(is it being delivered well, is it being delivered with quality and is the team using methodology).
4. Understand context of the work rather than just focusing on what is assigned.
5. Excellent communicator and collaborates well with people on the team and in other organizations.
6. Innovate and is open to ideas to improve efficiencies and works with the team to pivot if necessary.
Software Engineering Excellence
1. Responsible for code excellence and quality of the project being assigned, assisting lead in suggestions & design as needed.
2. Research on tools being used by the department and provide suggestions for improvements.
3. Enhance continuous delivery and integration processes for the team.
4. Creates reusable code frameworks or example projects to aid developers on the team.
5. Advocates and leads initiatives for enhancing our testing frameworks.
1. Mentor core developers.
2. Partner with business stakeholders and product managers to define project timelines and deliverable at each project stage.
3. Awareness and involvement in identifying the resources which would be required for project delivery. Being able to identify resources from other departments. May
not take ownership of these communications, but assisting the Lead when relevant.