We create impactful end-to-end digital products and solutions that result in relevant, memorable and rewarding interactions between brands and consumers. Delivering sustainable innovation, agility and a connection that inspires engagement and business transformation, we’ve worked with some of the world’s largest leading brands like Estee Lauder, Groupon, Microsoft, Macy’s, Mozilla, Lululemon, Neiman Marcus, among others. Cognizant Softvision has over 10,000 product, design and engineering professionals across a network of 20 studios in 11 countries and 5 continents.
In Romania, we have been present since 1998 and we have continuously grown over the years into a powerful team of more than 1800 employees. With Studios in Bucharest, Cluj-Napoca, Iași, Timișoara, and Baia Mare we embrace both IT professionals with strong software development skills and experience as well as young talented people, willing to learn, to develop their career and oriented towards success.
With a unique approach that helps us deliver sustainable innovation and business transformation for the world’s leading brands improving their digital maturity. We work at the intersection of engineering, design, and strategy, to help our customers create game-changing digital experiences with our client-dedicated teams.
You will need:
● an up-to-date knowledge and understanding of what a team member is
● to recognise the importance of company’s focus
● good communication skills, particularly the ability to communicate with staff who aren't so technical
● the skill to take on a variety of tasks and pay attention to detail
● analytical and problem-solving ability
● teamwork skills and the ability to feel comfortable working with different teams, clients and groups of staff across an organisation worldwide
● organisational skills and the ability to prioritise your workload.
As a network engineer, you'll need to:
● establish the networking environment by designing system configuration, directing system installation and defining, documenting and enforcing system standards
● design and implement new solutions and improve resilience of the current environment
● maximise network performance by monitoring performance, troubleshooting network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades and collaborating with network architects on network optimisation
● undertake data network fault investigations in local and wide area environments using information from multiple sources
● secure network systems by establishing and enforcing policies, and defining and monitoring access
● support and administer firewall environments in line with IT security policies
● report network operational status by gathering and prioritising information and managing projects
● upgrade data network equipment to the latest stable firmware releases
● configure routing and switching equipment, hosted IP voice services and firewalls
● undertake capacity management and audit of IP addressing and hosted devices within data centres
Types of network
You could work with a variety of network types, such as:
● LANs - local area networks, linking a limited area such as a home, office or a small group of buildings
● MANs - metropolitan area networks, linking a large area
● WANs - wide area networks, which link nationally or internationally
● WLAN - wireless local area network
● VoIP - voice over internet protocol network.