IT System engineer
At ENGIE, we want to satisfy our customers’ needs and help them achieve their efficiency targets. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better ENGIE. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
ENGIE IT, Digital & Innovation Division sets IT & Digital strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous supply, services and network operation for our Energy clients and Partners, online, front-office, for more than 1.7 million customers. Our career opportunities span the technology spectrum: advanced analytics, data science and AI, information security, application development, data centers, project management and more.
The person in this position reports to the IT Infrastructure Manager and will be responsible for helping to provide continued and uninterrupted access to ENGIE’s corporate systems and data. This includes maintaining system availability, data protection and data security at all times. They are also responsible for making sure that our corporate systems meet or exceed ENGIE expectations for performance and availability.
- Provides installation, configuration, migration and resource management within data centers, servers, storage equipment, network equipment, work area specific solutions: user and rights management, fileserver, security policies applicable to users and administration systems, mail systems, web systems and databases, infrastructure monitoring and IT services;
- Ensure data security and integrity, compliance of IT equipment and related configurations with IT policies through tracking and control actions;
- Ensures efficient solving of the internal and external client requests specific to the activity area, respecting the internal policies / procedures and the agreed SLA level. For requests that cannot be solved directly, it ensures the interface between the client and the final service provider, prioritizing and respecting the existing escalation procedures;
- Collaborates with the internal team and provides Level 1 IT support where needed;
- Monitor daily the quality and availability of IT services at the infrastructure level, detect dysfunctions and provide reactive and especially pro-active remediation;
- Ensure solving all non-conformities in the field of activity and results in the internal analyzes and audits carried out;
- Manages users' access rights to IT systems / solutions in the area of responsibility;
- Monitor the backup / restore and replication jobs on the DR site;
- Performs updates for systems in the area of responsibility;
- Elaborates corrective and descriptive working procedures for the area of activity and ensures their implementation;
- Ensures the up-to-date maintenance of inventory of IT equipment and services specific to the work area;
- Basic hands-on experience with Microsoft related technologies including DHCP, Active Directory, Registry, GPO, DNS, SCCM, Exchange;
- It is constantly following the achievement of goals set by the manager and regularly reports results as often as necessary to propose timely operational improvements to achieve the general objectives of the service / office / compartment.
- At least 2 years experience in a similar position;
- Knowledge and administration skills of Windows Server and associated IT services: Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, GPO, SCCM, Exchange;
- VMWare virtualization platform management knowledge;
- Knowledge of PowerShell scripting language;
- Ability to work with minimum supervision;
- Ability to organise and prioritise tasks;
- Ability to prioritise and plan, working under pressure whilst maintaining high standards;
- Good communication (verbal, written, listening) and IT skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree is a must, preferably in the fields of computer science or equivalent.
- Private health insurance for you and your family;
- Opportunities for ongoing personal and professional development;
- Meal tickets;
- Work-life balance;
- Annual extended holiday entitlement, depending on length of employment;
- Holiday bonus.
If you decide to send us your personal information in order to apply for this position, please be aware of our job candidate GDPR Data Privacy Notice.