Category Purchaser for Castings/Sintered Parts - Purchasing TSR
The Category Purchaser is actively supporting the category anagement in the definition of the supply strategy and negotiation with suppliers to achieve best market conditions for Continental. Purchasing responsibility for suppliers for Castings and Sintered Parts in Europe. Responsibilities:
* Conducts market analysis;
* Update yearly strategy with cross functional partners;
* Ensures Continentals requirements are reflected in the strategy of the category;
* Ensures in time implementation of correct data in the respective systems;
* Responsible for data maintenance and target achievement in the respective systems;
* Ensures fulfillment of requirements with legally binding contracts;
* Actively influence the sourcing process during development phase;
* Drive yearly price negotiations to constantly improve the cost situation of Continental Automotive;
* Track improvement programs with suppliers;
* Supports re-design to cost on project level and cost reduction programs.
* University degree in Economics, Business Administration or Mechanical Engineering;
* Several years of professional experience in purchasing preferably within the automotive industry;
* Advanced knowledge of MS Office package (programs and SAP R/3);
* Fluent Business English;
* German knowledge is an advantage;
* Stress resistance, conflict resolution abilities, assertiveness;
* Intercultural sensitivity beside good networking and communication skills.
What we offer:
* Integration Program in a professional, young & dynamic team;
* Competitive Salaries (based on performance) & Benefits;
* Health & Wellness (Private Health and Dental Insurance, Sport activities etc.);
* Professional Development Opportunities (in Technical and Managerial Area);
* International Work Environment & Traveling;
* Relocation Package for non-Timisoara residents;
* Flexibility Program including flexible hours, mobile work, and sabbaticals.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent, and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2019, Continental generated sales of i44.5 billion and currently employs more than 230,000 people in 59 countries and markets.