Domain Solution Architect
Join the leadership team of the new Enterprise Data Management & Analytics Office (EDM&AO) ICT division inside Orange Romania.
Would you like to work in one of the most stable areas of the moment? Come and work for Orange!
We'll recruit you from the safety of your home and we'll prepare you for the challenges of this time - your activity will be carried out remotely, during the whole period of the pandemic, and then you will work at the dedicated Orange headquarter.
We arelooking for a new enthusiastic senior colleague to join the leadership team ofthe new Enterprise Data Management & Analytics Office (EDM&AO) ICT divisioninside Orange Romania.
TheEDM&AO organization has taken on the vital mission of empowering our peopleall across the company with decision-making and sustainable value creationintegrated solutions, just in time and co-designed fit for purpose, leveragingthe power of data & AI/analytics, enabling them to reach their fullpotential, breaking down silos and driving the company's data centrictransformation.
EDM&AOorganization is thus positioning itself as the leading agile business partnerand company data-driven transformation champion, delivering consistent, timelyand fit end-to-end solutions to its internal and external customers. EDM&AOecosystem comprises:
- Enterprise Data Mission, Vision,Strategy and Architecture
- Operational and management reportingsolutions, Business Intelligence and Descriptive Analytics tools and solutions
- E2E data Infrastructure engineeringacross enterprise Data Warehouse(s), Big Data Lake, Operational Data Stores
- Real-Time and non-Real Time AdvancedAnalytics, AI/ML Data Science and Engineering, predictive, prescriptive andcognitive analytics solutions
- Intelligent Process Automation, RPA,BPMN and other automation solutions
- Key operational information systems(BSS) like ERP and other financial applications, HRMIS - i.e. HCM, ATS, etc.,Supply Chain apps, chatbots, etc.
- Data Management solutions, includingData Governance, Dictionaries & Business Glossary; Reference, Metadata andMaster Data Management, Data Quality
Below requirementsdescribe an ideal role/mix, however we strongly value the person before us andhis/her unique set of skills!
1.Main activities and responsibilities of the Domain Solutions Architect (DSA)
The DSA will be responsible foroverseeing end-to-end all architecture-related aspects of all software applications,systems and solutions within the ERP(inside EDM&AO) ecosystem.
Suchextended responsibilities and activities include:
- Businessownership and safe-guarding of the strategic ERP EDM&AO Domain Architecture(DA) blueprint, covering design, development and maintenance.
- Participatingin the analysis, evaluation and development of enterprise long term strategicand operating plans to ensure that the EA objectives are consistent with theenterprise's long-term business objectives.
- Alignunderstanding of Orange Group corporate recommendations on IT&Narchitectures, deriving them into local Orange Romania EA recommendations
- Researching/ analyzing the technology environment based on technical & businessrequirements, reviewing, and making strategic recommendations on any newcorporate/enterprise software applications or innovations from a perspective ofconcept, design, prototyping, build, integration, operation, technical fit withother systems, methodologies, processes and operating models
- Forexisting applications, overseeing / controlling all planning, designing,programming, and implementation of any in-house software solution development
- Forsoftware enhancements provided by an external vendor, taking the lead role inreviewing and discussing all technical solution designs to ensure they meet theneeds of the ERP EDM&AO. Addressing new features or feature enhancements.
- Actingas a lead developer for other in-house development staff, as a technicalresource during other projects as required.
- Producing& maintaining the ERP EDM&AO development practices, standards &procedures and mentoring/coaching other development staff in these areas.
- Sharingbest practices, lessons-learned and constantly updating the technical systemarchitecture requirements based on changing technologies, and knowledge relatedto recent, current and upcoming vendor products and solutions.
- Matchingsolutions with the corporate environment (operating systems, an informationcontext, and integration requirements)
- Meetingthe requirements of all internal and external stakeholders (product developmentprocesses, costs, and budgeting)
- Accountingfor constraints and risks of each solution (technology, risks, scope, cost,quality, time, resources) in line with the DA, recommending the most suitablearchitecture blueprint
- Selectingthe proper technology stack, participating in the sourcing processes fortechnology and tools selection - RFx sourcing for different tools, solutions,systems, implementations
- Securingcompliance with non-functional requirements (security, performance,maintainability, scalability, usability, and reliability of a product, quality)
- Documentingrequirements for existing and new solutions evolution and implementation
- Identifyingand recommending areas appropriate for further study - i.e. Experimentation areas;participating in any Proof of Concept projects / prototypes required tothoroughly investigate architectural possibilities and strengthening argumentsfor their adoption.
- Designing,developing, and implementing software application solutions for otherdepartments in committed turn-around times with a sense of urgency.
2.Technical & business knowledge, skills / competences, areas of interest
- StrategicEnterprise architecture blueprinting and leadership across end-to-end BSS/OSS systems,solutions, software components, via multiple viewpoints (functional,infrastructure, etc.); engineering and software architecture design, BusinessAnalysis & Costing competences
- ITarchitecture, infrastructure, and cloud development (including Public Clouds -Azure, GCP, AWS); Good understanding of Virtualization, Docker, Kuberneteson-premises and in the Cloud (e.g. GKE, serverless deployments, etc.)
- Deep understanding of ERP systemscore components, concepts, processes and interdependencies (eBusiness SuiteOracle Applications 11i; Charisma, optional Oracle Fusion, HCM suite)
- Infrastructuredeployments - SaaS, PaaS, IaaS, IaaC; vmWare, Openstack
- WebApps / Services and APIs, integration capabilities and full technology stacksacross backend, frontend, CX/UX/UI
- AgileSoftware Development Life Cycle @ Scale and Waterfall methodologies advancedknowledge
- Understandingof DevOps and DataOps/ModelOps CI-CD-CT concepts of Continuous Integration,Continuous Delivery and Continuous Deployment; knowledge on CI-CD-CT toolkit(Jenkins, TeamCity, Atlassian suite - Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, etc.)
- Automationacross the development and operations (AIOps, SRE, etc.) domains
- Toolkitsfor enterprise data modeling, data architecture, architecture blueprinting,business analysis
- GDPRencryption, anonymization & pseudo-anonymization techniques; security optionsSSO, OAUTH2, Kerberos, etc.
- DataGovernance / Quality Tool frameworks, Metadata & Master Data Managementtools, Business Glossary
- DigitalTransformation Leadership (Business, IT, Technology)
- Operationalmodels re-design - managed services, time & material based consulting, operationssetup, support, documentation
- Advancedknowledge and experience in both batch and real time integration developmenttechnologies and practices
- Advancedskill in configuring and operationally supporting (L1/2/3) softwareapplications; excellent software development and debug/troubleshooting skills.
- Advancedability to research, analyze and recommend new technologies and softwareapplications or to evolve existing applications to meet the company's needs.
- Advancedskill in creating and maintaining technical documentation.
3.Soft skills / competences
Inter-personal& communication skills
- Effectivecollaboration skills, focusing on strong working relationships with allfunctional units of the organization.
- Recognizeand manage interpersonal communication needs.
- Excellentinterpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork, facilitation, and negotiation. Abilityto work independently or as part of a team.
- Effectivecommunication skills; verbal, non-verbal and written; and ability tocommunicate with team members at all levels of the organization.
- Maintaincurrent understanding of the administration and user side functionality withinthe supported software applications, of the overall process and workflow ofdata through the various software application systems.
- Researchand develop process improvements and new technologies and solutions indedication to continuous improvement.
- Identifyand pursue personal training opportunities related to enhancing job relatedskill sets.
ProblemSolving & Judgement
- Appliesthe identified job knowledge requirements for the role to make disciplined decisionsin a timely fashion.
- Focuson solutions that are aligned for efficiency and re-usability across the enterprise.
- Strongcoaching and leadership experience, senior/executive stakeholders management
- Highproblem-solving analytical skills
4.Experience, Education & Additional Qualifications
- Min7 years' experience in hands-on IT enterprise-grade software developmentrequired.
- Min.3 years' experience in a similar role required.
- Universityeducation in Computer Science or equivalent is required.
- Experiencewith Oracle Relational Database, ERP Apps
- Experiencewith Enterprise architecture frameworks
- Experiencewith Agile practices
- Experienceworking in mid to large cross-functional projects
- Diligentattention to detail is essential due to the nature work.
- Abilityto multi task and prioritize is a must.
- Abilityto adjust/right size solutions and standards for the current corporate environmentand needs.
- Soundethics and confidentiality with good customer service skills.
5.Nice to have / advantages
- Project/Program/Portfolio/ProductManagement, PMI PMP or ACP
- ScaledAgile Framework (SAFe(R)) - experience or certification
- TOGAF(R)methodologies, ADM expertise - experience or certification
- Otheroverall architect certifications
- Frenchlanguage is a plus