Junior Data Developer
ISD / Yield Book prides itself in setting a market standard for RMBS and CMBS prepayment/default models that are the cornerstone of Fixed Income Analytics products and services provided by the firm.
Reporting to the Director – Senior CMBS Modeler, this is a junior-level data developer role responsible for data preparation and processing for CMBS/CLO research and modelling. The individual will be responsible for data development, maintenance, and support, working closely with Client Service, Product Management, other Research teams, Data, and Technology.
- Learning and understanding CMBS and CLO products to gain domain knowledge.
- Understanding of data flows that feed and support Yield Book analytics and models.
- Commitment to support and improvement of research and modelling data.
- Working on data sourcing, data downloading, data transformation, data validation, data clean-up, imputation, classification, aggregation/stratification, and data report generation.
- Coordination with modelers, developers, other Research team members to facilitate troubleshooting and handle client requests.
- Maintain and update data dictionary and related documentation at the appropriate level of clarity and detail.
- Contribute to research publication efforts involving data-intensive projects.
- Strong data science skills in python are required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field, such as Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, or Mathematics.
- Previous financial industry experience with data processing is preferred.
- Knowledge of machine learning is a significant plus.
- Attention to details.
- Proven ability to work with clients.
- Excellent communication skills are required, both oral and written.
- Team player, ability to learn and understand new analytics platform quickly and efficiently.
We are looking for intellectually curious people, interested in the bigger picture of how technology industry is evolving, ready to ask difficult questions and deal with complicated scenarios. If you are a forward thinker and problem solver, this is the place to be as will be supporting you to fast-forward your career.
We maximise each employee’s potential through personal development through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal. We believe in remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
- Pillar 3 Supplemental Pension;
- 25 days’ holiday a year;
- Private medical insurance;
- Group life insurance policy;
- Meal vouchers;
- Share Purchase Plan;
- Volunteering Days.
People are at the heart of what we do and drive the success of our business. Our colleagues thrive personally and professionally through our shared values of Integrity, Partnership, Innovation and Excellence are at the core of our culture. We embrace diversity and actively seek to attract people with unique backgrounds and perspectives. We are always looking at ways to become more agile so we meet the needs of our teams and customers. We believe that an inclusive collaborative workplace is pivotal to our success and supports the potential and growth of all colleagues at LSEG.
A career with London Stock Exchange Group offers you the opportunity to be at the centre of the financial community. As well as competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits, we maximise each employee’s potential through personal development plans, training, coaching and mentoring.