Key Goal: Responsible for all aspects of test engineering and validation of APIs and data integration services developed.
Who We Are – MassMutual
As the complexity in the world continues to increase, it’s getting hard to get simple. At MassMutual, our vision is to help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. Within MassMutual Technology, we have undergone some recent changes to simplify our organization to deliver on this vision. We will be a dependable partner to our businesses by providing high quality IT services on time and within budget. We will do so by simplifying our architecture to focus on strategically valuable technologies, investing in our people to equip them with skills of the future, and promoting a culture of ownership and delivery.
If this vision excites you, we are seeking a SDET/Quality Engineer to become a MassMutual team member. This is a great opportunity to be a part of the transformational journey at MassMutual. As we continue to grow our business and look for new ways to engage with customers, technology will be one of the most important enablers to our success and you can be a part of it.
Are you ready to be part of a team that implements and manages data integration services across MassMutual Organization, delivering value to multiple stakeholders such as internal operations as well as external customers? We create API and streaming services that are the core to the functioning of several systems in the company.
We are currently seeking a SDET/Quality Engineer to join our local team in Bucharest who will drive towards the effective utilization of latest technologies, partnering with business stakeholders, as well as experts in other areas to solve business problems. The person who will join this role will report to a local manager based in Bucharest.
This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated SDET/Quality Engineer with a passion to learn new technologies and to become an expert in API delivery & event driven architecture (BEM, Kafka). It will allow you to thrive in a small team environment & provide you visibility to how multiple systems operate around MassMutual. As we grow and scale our organization to deliver more services, we have to manage technical debt that we have, and improve uptime of our current APIs. This role will be in a squad that will drive tech debt remediation of multiple APIs as well as support strategic initiatives to build these services. The team will also eventually be responsible for Production Support and members will be required to be on call during user peak time. The squad will be the driving force of ensuring quality is maintained and APIs maintain the required uptime.
The individual will be responsible for all aspects of test engineering and validation of APIs and data integration services developed, with opportunities to stretch more broadly. This will include working closely with software engineers to create solid core designs and enable testability of the products. You will also work under the guidance of Portfolio QA Automation Lead to understand the roadmap of new features and ensure automation occurs for new features being built.
▪ Executing integration tests in sync with the development process for all releases/feature enhancements and production support issues for the Integrations Team – these tests could be specific to APIs being built and integration with event driven architecture.
▪ Designing new tests to expand overall automated test coverage as new APIs or events are build
▪ Work through how to find edge cases and prepare data for manual and automated testing
▪ Determine overall business requirements and which test cases should be automated.
▪ Create test cases/test scenarios for variations on request and response to explore various data element combinations for Services Testing.
▪ Find defects and work directly with the developer to create a fix and validate it
▪ Analyze and review Test Plans, Test Scenarios, Test Cases, Business Requirements and Functional Specifications.
▪ Participate with Tech Lead & BA in initial estimate of work coming in the pipeline
▪ Look for seams that will enable faster, targeted testing, and not be afraid to code tests at the unit and service layers. Again, having knowledge of multiple tools enables SDETs to automate outside of the box of UI automation.
▪ Implement and record QA metrics.
▪ Implement a customized automation framework which caters as a common platform for API test automation, ensuring efficient architecture, performance, and ensure quality software.
▪ Execute on automation plan, and implementation of tests within the automation framework and its improvements
▪ Building an automated test infrastructure that performs integration tests
Learning & Strategy:
▪ Continuous improvement mindset to introduce new QA tools and processes to bring further efficiency, speed and quality into the work at hand.
▪ Staying abreast of industry direction with respect to ensuring our platform and strategy takes advantage of appropriate new technology and processes.
▪ REST services
▪ Payload type (JSON)
▪ Methods for REST and what do they mean (PUT, POST, GET, ETC)
▪ Familiarity with REST tools such as Postman or SOAPUI
▪ REST Authentication knowledge (What is OAuth, Basic Auth)
▪ SQL skills that will allow them to do Data mining against Databases to build test plans
▪ API Testing
▪ Event driven architecture (Kakfa Platform preferred)
▪ Previous experience in developing test scripts, possibly as part of behavior-driven, test-driven, or acceptance test-driven development
▪ Experience in Java (preferred)
▪ Configuration / Execution of Automated Regression testing.
▪ Agile Team/ Safe Agile
▪ Experience with JIRA
▪ Learner - shouldn’t be shy to learn any new technology or even code if needed
▪ Solid communication skills – be able to partner directly with developers and BA in the team
▪ Agile mindset – be able to think how we can transition the team to shift left. A mindset of quality owned by the team
▪ Critical Thinking – ability to dive into a problem, dig in to help SDETs and then pull up as needed.