Key Goal: Responsible for all aspects of a product’s technical implementation, being able to advise, mentor, and coach other developers and/or consumers of the product.
Who We Are – MassMutual
As the complexity in the world continues to increase, it’s getting hard to get simple. At MassMutual, our vision is to help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. Within MassMutual Technology, we have undergone some recent changes to simplify our organization to deliver on this vision. We will be a dependable partner to our businesses by providing high quality IT services on time and within budget. We will do so by simplifying our architecture to focus on strategically valuable technologies, investing in our people to equip them with skills of the future, and promoting a culture of ownership and delivery.
If this vision excites you, we are seeking a Full Stack Developer to become a MassMutual team member. This is a great opportunity to be a part of the transformational journey at MassMutual. As we continue to grow our business and look for new ways to engage with customers, technology will be one of the most important enablers to our success and you can be a part of it.
Do you want to be part of a team that encourages your growth, supports your ambitions and makes it a priority for you to reach your goals? Is helping people part of who you are? At MassMutual, we help millions of people find financial freedom, offer financial protection and plan for the future. We do this by building trust with our customers by being knowledgeable problem solvers and prioritize their needs above all else. We Live Mutual.
We are currently seeking a Full Stack Developer to join our local team in Bucharest who will drive towards the effective utilization of latest technologies, partnering with business stakeholders, as well as experts in other areas to solve business problems. The person who will join this role will report to a local manager based in Bucharest.
We are growing and our clients deserve the best. As a Full Stack Developer, you’ll have an opportunity to deliver high quality web applications and service components using the newest technologies, tools, and patterns. In this role, as well as all roles within MassMutual, you will demonstrate accountability, agility, a dedication to be inclusive, a strong business acumen, and will show courage, even in the most difficult situations. We also value strong communication skills, a passion for learning, leadership traits, resilience and self-awareness.
Our ideal candidate is team-oriented, possesses excellent communication skills, and is skilled in all levels of web architecture and application development. You have experience designing and developing containerized applications using microservice based architecture for the Cloud, as well as have some exposure to ETL process development. You are intimately familiar with web technologies and know how to integrate 3rd party tools and agents to monitor performance and defects. You design your products using 12 factor principles and deliver by following best practices in continuous delivery. You can take a collaborative approach to working with others.
▪ Engineering responsive web applications in React.js or Angular, deployed in Kubernetes managed Docker containers for the Amazon or Azure Cloud.
▪ Building RESTful APIs with NodeJS and Spring boot.
▪ Enhancing and maintaining Informatica based ETL application.
▪ Agile scrum meetings, as appropriate, to track and drive individual accountability.
▪ Participating in ad-hoc collaboration sessions to define and adopt standards and best practices.
▪ 8+ years of experience in software engineering/web development in a team setting
▪ Strong experience in Java development
▪ Experience building and deploying containerized application for cloud-based platforms, such as Amazon Web Services or Azure
▪ Experience building and deploying modular, scalable APIs that support either mobile, browser, or batch processes
▪ Deep understanding of tools including Jenkins, Docker, GitHub
▪ Ability to support the building and maintenance of web applications
▪ Experience with unit test frameworks (e.g. Jest, Mocha, chai)
▪ Experience implementing continuous integration, continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipelines
▪ Experience using Agile Scrum and Jira
▪ Good understating of 12 factor design principles and architectural patterns like Microservices
▪ Awareness of quality practice, TDD, BDD and unit test strategy
▪ Bachelor’s degree
▪ 10+ years of experience in software engineering/development
▪ 2+ years working in a mature agile environment
▪ AWS Developer and/or AWS Solutions Architect certifications
▪ Ability to coach/mentor junior developers
▪ Expertise in one or more software programming languages, ideally experience with Node
▪ Deep knowledge of CI/CD engineering practices
▪ Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to work in a rapid and iterative development environment
▪ Experience with at least one RDBMS, writing SQL queries
▪ Experience with ETL tools like Informatica
▪ Experience securing applications and data with industry best practices
▪ Experience optimizing and tuning deployed applications at scale
▪ Experience with CSS processors and frameworks (e.g. Sass, Less, Bootstrap)
▪ Experience collaborating with a team of programmers with varying skill sets
▪ Superior communication skills with the ability to work directly with business partners
▪ Experience in RESTful API Design, API scaling, monitoring, logging and optimization
▪ Working knowledge of web technologies and security practices, such as: cross origin resource sharing (CORS), cross site request forgery (CSRF) protection, page load optimization, code splitting and progressive loading