Who We Are – MassMutual
As the complexity in the world continues to increase, it’s getting hard to get simple. At MassMutual, our vision is to help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. Within MassMutual Technology, we have undergone some recent changes to simplify our organization to deliver on this vision. We will be a dependable partner to our businesses by providing high quality IT services on time and within budget. We will do so by simplifying our architecture to focus on strategically valuable technologies, investing in our people to equip them with skills of the future, and promoting a culture of ownership and delivery.
If this vision excites you, we are seeking a Lead Engineer to become a MassMutual team member. This is a great opportunity to be a part of the transformational journey at MassMutual. As we continue to grow our business and look for new ways to engage with customers, technology will be one of the most important enablers to our success and you can be a part of it.
Do you want to be part of a team that encourages your growth, supports your ambitions and makes it a priority for you to reach your goals? Is helping people part of who you are? At MassMutual, we help millions of people find financial freedom, offer financial protection and plan for the future. We do this by building trust with our customers by being knowledgeable problem solvers and prioritize their needs above all else. We Live Mutual.
If this sounds like a fit, we’re looking to hire a Lead Engineer to join our Privacy, Data and AI Governance team.
The Lead Engineer will work from our Bucharest office while collaborating with the Global MassMutual teams and provide support in the Privacy, Data and AI Governance area. The person who will join this rolecwill report to a local manager based in Bucharest. With your strong background in cloud technologies and software architecture the candidate will have the opportunity to develop, manage and optimize our Privacy and Data AI governance program technical projects. This work might include projects like building out new features, creating the APIsand microservices for new capabilities, data integration, developing new strategies for managing our product stack or optimizing existing code to make it more performant. We are looking for someone that has a passion for building great, simple, performing applications, and working alongside and coaching other developers to
do the same. You offer strength in production-ready code in NodeJS/React using strong analytical skills. We value the desire and ability to learn quickly but familiarity with the AWS ecosystem would be a plus. Excellent problem-solving abilities, strong communication skills, and the desire and ability to self-start and timemanage in a fast-paced environment will set you up for success in our team. Ability to work with Enterprise architects and develop technical requirements and specifications according to the Enterprise architecture.
- Consume Architecture documents from enterprise architects and develop technical requirements and specifications.
- Develop and test code
- Ensure code performs optimally
- Ensure code adheres to MM Security standards
- Conduct code reviews and technical design and specification reviews for developers in the program.
- Lead and coach developers in the program to deliver simple, highly performing code, adhering to the Enterprise architecture set by MM architects.
- Lead continuous integration and delivery practices, including branching and merging of code for releases.
- Work closely with the product owner and QA analyst to deliver release notes.
- Follow Agile practices
- Fluency in NodeJS and React
- 4 or more years of experience developing services and APIs
- Extensive use of open-source products/services.
- API/microservices, streaming services or UX development
- A solid understanding of best practices for software development including testing, monitoring, and design
- Desire to go beyond the functional solution to build maintainable and well tested code
- A desire to partner closely with product managers to refine the product
- Ability to articulate and champion design strategies related to scalability, maintainability, performance, security and usability.
- Experience with highly scalable systems in an AWS ecosystem
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery technologies
- BS in Computer Science or MS preferred
- Work to maintain system and data security at a high standard, ensuring the confidentiality, integrity and availability the application is not compromised. Adhere to industry best practice coding standards and verify all code developed at MM is free from bugs and security vulnerabilities (OWASP/CWE).