Who We Are – MassMutual
As the complexity in the world continues to increase, it’s getting hard to get simple. At MassMutual, our vision is to help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. Within MassMutual Technology, we have undergone some recent changes to simplify our organization to deliver on this vision. We will be a dependable partner to our businesses by providing high quality IT services on time and within budget. We will do so by simplifying our architecture to focus on strategically valuable technologies, investing in our people to equip them with skills of the future, and promoting a culture of ownership and delivery.
If this vision excites you, we are seeking a Java Developer to become a MassMutual team member. This is a great opportunity to be a part of the transformational journey at MassMutual. As we continue to grow our business and look for new ways to engage with customers, technology will be one of the most important enablers to our success and you can be a part of it.
Do you want to be part of a team that encourages your growth, supports your ambitions and makes it a priority for you to reach your goals? Is helping people part of who you are? At MassMutual, we help millions of people find financial freedom, offer financial protection and plan for the future. We do this by building trust with our customers by being knowledgeable problem solvers and prioritize their needs above all else. We Live Mutual.
If this sounds like a fit, we’re looking to hire a Java Developer to join our Corporate - CAS team.
- Responsible for all aspects of the java design and development process
- Work closely with Business SME’s and Tech Lead(s)
- Operate independently on multiple project tasks
- Participate in all phases of project planning, execution, and testing
- Support multiple projects in a waterfall methodology
- Produce applicable artifacts per SDLC /Audit requirements
- Minimum 5 years of Java development experience
- Experience with Java, HTML, XML
- Knowledge of SQL programming (UDB, DB2) preferred
- Strong application development and problem-solving skills
- Interact with business clients, application developers, architects, vendors and various technicalI support teams
- Demonstrated ability to be a self-starter, comfortable working autonomously and with ambiguity
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple teams and third-party vendors
- Working experience within Financial Services (e.g. Broker Dealer)
- Experience with real time web services and/or experience with Informatica/ETL represents a big plus