Local IT Technician
Ubisoft Bucharest has been an important pillar for the local gaming industry since, being the first Ubisoft production studio outside France. It has a strong history of contributing to iconic AAA franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, Watch Dogs and Just Dance, and has helped develop a total of over 60 games. Today, the studio is the 2 nd largest Ubisoft studio worldwide and continues to tackle the biggest challenges in gaming and technology, contributing to the creation of new and amazing games.
• Great sense of customer service
• Good dexterity and ability to perform manual labor
• Good listening and communication skills
• Good organizational skills
• Ability to make decisions quickly
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced changing environment
• Great team spirit
• Good English skills (spoken and written)
• Expertise in PC and laptop support and latest hardware news
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft operating systems
• Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite
• Good knowledge of printing materials
• Good knowledge of networking, cabling
• Good knowledge of SMS, Active Directory
• Knowledge of multimedia equipment is an asset
• Scripting ability (batch files, VBScript, PowerShell) is an asset
• Knowledge of agile methodologies is an asset
• Mac OS X knowledge is an asset
2+ years of experience in technical support to end users
• College diploma in Information Technology, or equivalent experience
• MCSE, MCSA or MCP certification is an asset
The Local IT Technician is responsible for delivering on-site support on the hardware and software used by Ubisoft employees and when needed, also delivering basic training to end users.
The main and routine tasks of the Local IT Technician are:
• Offering on-site support to end users on hardware (workstations and printers) and standard software (Windows OS, office pack)
• Ensuring Security team’s best practices are applied on all workstations
• Building and installing the new employees work environment
• Ensuring proper meeting room configuration
• Interacting with external vendors regarding repair of hardware
• Delivering one-on-one or group classroom technical training to employees
• Gathering employee satisfaction ratings through ticket surveys
• Being proactive, identifying and communicating potential improvement to his manager
• Ensuring the proper follow-up on issues and requests
• Updating the knowledge base with newly diagnosed problems
• Carrying out all other related tasks
Benefits that you can enjoy:
• Medical services to keep you safe and sound;
• Meal tickets to use wherever you want;
• Relaxation room;
• Fresh fruit that are available in the office each week;
• Various training and knowledge sharing programs, both in Romania and abroad;
• Access to most of our games up to date for research and fun;
• Team activities once a month: movie tickets or other fun activities;
• 7card offers.
Ubisoft Craiova has been an important component in strengthening the foundation of one of the first gaming companies ever established in Romania. The studio has had experience in the development of video games since 2008 and now works on the production and testing of some of the biggest AAA brands of international reputation, such as Ghost Recon. The studio is also a valuable collaborator to the Technology Group, which helps to develop tools, middleware and online solutions used in the Ubisoft games.
At Ubisoft we create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities. We are always committed to enriching player lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. You will get the opportunity to grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world and work in an open environment where everyone is eager to share their knowledge.
Challenge accepted? Join us and create the unknown.