IoT 1st Line Operations Engineer
Technology is a playground for ideas!
Vodafone Shared Services Romania is the place to make them come to life.
If you want to invest more in a career rather than just a job,
Meet us, Join us, Grow with us!
We stay hungry and true to our core values by recruiting people who are fun, passionate, open, and question everything.
Reflect on what your motivation is to come on board! We’re eager to hear your story.
We live and thrive in an ever-changing environment where creativity and productivity are key, within working hours, of course.
Your day to day:
Provide the maintenance of the hardware and software IT systems for Vodafone IOT customers.
Maintain high availability and optimal performance of the customer’s infrastructure and of all IT and Telecom supported services.
Continuously improve system performance and optimize working methods already in place.
Adapt and contribute to the customization of hardware and software solutions based on customer requirements, delivering cost efficient services of high quality.
• Performs monitoring and troubleshooting activities in order to maintain the functioning state of the hardware and software systems, using available tools.
• Provides 24h/24h technical support, gathers all the required information from customer or monitoring systems in order to quickly solve all the hardware and software incidents; coordinates the investigations, when needed.
• For some of the solutions delivered, modifies and adapts existing software solutions for a better performance and customer experience.
• Provides technical information to customers about events and alarms that affect services, using agreed methods of communication.
• Analyzes information gathered from customers and/or performance monitoring systems, proposes solutions and transmits the results/recommendations towards other technical teams in order to change and adapt software solutions for dedicated equipment. The final outcome is reflected in the resolving of complex technical incidents (including software bugs), ensuring an improved customer experience.
• Reviews functional and technical specifications of the IT systems within the process of modification or adjustment of the hardware and software solutions.
• Works in compliance with the operational agreements and to fulfill the key performance indicators of the service (speed, response time, error rate).
• Creates work instructions and technical operational procedures for the consolidation of knowledge and competencies within the team.
Apply if you have:
• Knowledge in Telecom on the following technologies: Core Telecom Network (2G/3G/4G) and IP networks
• Experience in working with the following equipments:
- Circuit Switch: SMSC, HLR
- Packet Switch: GGSN
• Network architecture knowledge:
- Circuit Switch
- Packet Switch
• Knowledge of protocols GTP, IP, Radius, Diameter, IPSEC, SS7
• Experience using packet-tracing software: Wireshark, Ethereal (tcpdump etc).
• Knowledge in Linux/UNIX, CLI, any distribution.
• Minimal knowledge of Unix scripting
• Fluent in both written and verbal English
Nice to have:
• Experience in a multinational environment
• Cisco Certification CCNA (Routing & Switching)
• Good understanding of ITIL methodology
What can you expect from us:
• Work from home – You can have home office 2 days per week
• Medical and dental services
• Life insurance
• Dedicated employee phone subscription
• Special discounts for gyms and retailers
• Annual Company Bonus
• Ongoing Education – we continuously invest in you to ensure you have everything needed to excel on the job and enhance your skills
• You get to work with tried and trusted web-technology
• Getting in on the ground floor of an technology changing company
• Flexible Vacation – Take time off when you need it, we trust you
The future is exciting. Ready?