Back-end Developer for Ubisoft Craiova
Ubisoft Bucharest has been an important pillar for the local gaming industry since, being the first Ubisoft production studio outside France. It has a strong history of contributing to iconic AAA franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, Watch Dogs and Just Dance, and has helped develop a total of over 60 games. Today, the studio is the 2 nd largest Ubisoft studio worldwide and continues to tackle the biggest challenges in gaming and technology, contributing to the creation of new and amazing games.
Ubisoft Craiova is looking for Back-end Developers to join our team which is in charge of part of the online services platform designed to offer solutions that enrich our players’ experiences.
As a member of our tеam, you will be directly involved in the development and improvement of the platform and services, offering stability, performance and flexibility for the ambitious Ubisoft production teams spread across the world.
What you will bring to thе team:
• At least 5 years of experience in more than one of thе following domains:
- C# programming (using mostly .Net Core framework) or another object oriented language (Typescript/NodeJS, Java etc);
- Multithreaded programming (TPL for .Net);
- Databases programming and optimizations (SQL and NoSQL);
- Expertise in thе design, implementation and documentation of REST APIs;
• Knowledge of Git, Gitlab and continuous integration and deployment platforms (CI/CD);
• Knowledge of Python or other scripting language (GO);
• Experience with unit, integration and load tests;
• Attention to details and a high regard to code quality for you and your team mates;
• Knowledge of thе Agile methodology and thе Scrum/Kanban framework;
• Good written and spoken English.
The following points are an advantage:
• Experience with AWS, Google Cloud and Azure services;
• Experience with Bash, Batch or PowerShell;
• Experience with thе DevOps technologies: Docker, Kubernetes etc.
• Autonomous and proactive attitude;
• Responsible and resourceful;
• Team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills;
• Adaptable and open to learning.
This offer is addressed to different types of responsibilities and experience levels. Each candidate has a different profile and evolution path that does not correspond 100% to thе described profile. If your profile is a bit different, don’t hesitate to apply.
• Be part of a cohesive team, invested in the development of our products that cover various subjects such as Cloud Gaming, cross-play experience, services to engage players etc;
• Develop a performant platform and online services in cooperation with production teams involved in game development and other teams working on the Ubisoft platform;
• Analyze and extract the functionality requirements of the productions and offer them a suitable solution that is achievable, realistic and robust;
• Collaborate with a great number of teams from Europe, Canada and China whether they are production or support teams;
• Stay in tune with the latest technological advancements in online services and in game development in general;
• Work in an environment that will allow you to rapidly innovate and iterate.
Benefits that you can enjoy:
• Medical services to keep you safe and sound;
• Meal tickets to use wherever you want;
• Relaxation room;
• Fresh fruit that are available in the office each week;
• Various training and knowledge sharing programs, both in Romania and abroad;
• Access to most of our games up to date for research and fun;
• Team activities once a month: movie tickets or other fun activities;
• 7card offers.
Ubisoft has been an important pillar for the local gaming industry since 1992. Ubisoft Craiova opened in 2008 and has been an important component in strengthening its foundation.
The studio has experience in video games development and works on the production and testing of some of the most iconic AAA brands of international reputation, such as Ghost Recon.
Ubisoft Craiova is also a valuable collaborator to the Technology Group, which helps to develop tools, middleware and online solutions used in the Ubisoft games.
Through its business units, Ubisoft is committed to enriching people’s lives with original and memorable experiences and it’s defined by three main pillars:
Production: creates amazing games that have a strong impact on tens of millions of players around the world;
IT: delivers reliable services and engineers products for Ubisoft’s community of players, game development teams and employees;
Quality Control: guarantees a smooth and non-interrupted experience by maximizing the quality of the games;
You will have the chance to work with the latest technologies and collaborate with our talented teams from around the world.
Challenge accepted? Join us and create the unknown.