This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Finastra active
View all jobs Application support active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Hardware active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
We’re an energized bunch, who love to be at the forefront of innovation. We make it our mission to develop and stay ahead of the latest trends and technology. Our goal? To put customers at the core of what we do and to deliver solutions that drive transformation and unlock the potential of people and businesses.Requirements
- Ability to effectively communicate with a variety of people, such as engineers and non-technical coworkers.
- Must have experience with Puppet configuration and deployment
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Unix/Linux operating systems.
- General knowledge of Windows operating systems
- Self-starter with ability to balance many tasks with changing priorities. Proven ability to handle a wide variety of tasks and successfully prioritize work.
- Strong decision making skills. Able to analyze different options and make a clear recommendation.
- Advanced knowledge of scripting languages such as PHP, bash, Perl and batch.
- Detail-oriented and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Advanced web server administration experience with Apache and IIS
- Advanced hardware installation and configuration experience
- Advanced networking experience (including DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, HTTP, HTTPS)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience.
- 1-2 years of experience in a Linux/Unix environment required.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to see PC and operate accordingly. Ability to lift 50 pounds (required to set up/move pc's and monitors).
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Basic office environment: Overtime may be required to meet deadlines. Position performs extensive close work and pressure may exist due to deadlines. Some travel may be required.
Installs and configures software and hardware, performs system upgrades, and resolves software and hardware related problems on both Linux and Unix systems. Writes scripts and develop processes to automate common systems administration tasks. Ensures proper system monitoring and configuration to ensure data integrity. Has advanced knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within systems and network administration.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Puppet experience to help configure and deploy new puppet system across multiple data centers Install, configure, maintain, and improve Unix/Linux-based systems and processes Administer Apache and Tomcat web servers and web clusters Serve as escalation support for system administrators and help assign and prioritize workload. Provide manager with regular reports detailing uptime, usage patterns and statistics, and IT problems and solutions. Ensure data/system security from unauthorized access or interruption. Recommend and implement strategies for improving infrastructure. Maintain web services so that they have at least 99.9% availability. Work with automation products such as Puppet and Cfengine. Knowledge or Mysql server t/s and query building. Analyze, recommend, and coordinate purchase of any required equipment. Perform cost benefit analysis of equipment and service purchase, as well as forecast future purchases and schedule for the purchasing. Build tools to help monitor processes and gather statistics. Build scripts to automate common server tasks. Assist in the optimization of server-side processes. Maintain flexibility to assist with special projects, as needed. Perform on-call and after hours duties on a scheduled basis Assist support personnel in escalated issues Other tasks as assigned.
Complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in direct and related field. Working knowledge of related disciplines.
Contributes to the completion of specific programs and projects. Failure to obtain results or erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in serious program delays and considerable expenditure of resources.
Works under only general direction. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
Provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions require imagination, integration of organizational objectives, and multiple factors and constituents.
Frequent inter-organizational contacts to create solutions to issues associated with specific projects. May perform in project leadership and/or may supervise the activities of lower level personnel.