C++ Engineer for Ubisoft Craiova
Enter the homeland of many epic games and be part of our world. Ubisoft is a place where creativity, passion and innovation are the driving force and over 1800 people are at its core.
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands, including Assassin’s Creed, Just Dance, Tom Clancy’s video game series, Rayman, Far Cry and Watch Dogs. The teams throughout Ubisoft’s worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms, including consoles, mobile phones, tablets and PCs. Today it became an exciting success story, with a strong history of titles such as Silent Hunter, Blazing Angels, H.A.W.X, Just Dance, Assassin’s Creed, Ghost Recon or Watch Dogs.
Ubisoft Romania is the first Ubisoft production studio outside France. The Romanian adventure, which began in 1992, has turned into an exciting success story where Production, Test and IT Department are its driving force.
Come and join our team of over 1800 professionals and help us create highly appreciated interactive entertainment products!
• You have good knowledge of C++ programming. Knowledge of C# programming is a big plus;
• You are proactive in identifying development needs in our industry;
• You are knowledgeable about the internal tools used in the video game production pipeline;
• You are keen to participate in the development of the junior members of our team;
• You are used to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical parties;
• You are fluent in English.
The C++ Engineer is responsible for the creation, debugging, maintenance and optimization of the game’s engine, editor and related tools that are used for the game’s development, in order to ensure a smooth production cycle for the entire development team.
You will work closely together with the teams that are directly using this technology (Level Design, Game Design and Gameplay teams), both from Bucharest and from Paris, in order to develop one of Ubisoft’s major AAA titles.
• Participate to the project development on the engine, editor and tools programming side;
• Offer technical solutions, innovate and improve the quality of implementation, performance and usability of the editor, tools and tool chain as a whole;
• Communicate with the teams that use the technology in order to understand their requirements and to define the implementation and improvement needs;
• Keep the existing engine and tools up to date in accordance with the latest changes occurred in the development pipeline (e.g. new SDKs or middleware versions);
• Ensure the smooth communication with the similar production teams in France (with both technical and non-technical parties).
Benefits that you can enjoy:
• Medical services to keep you safe and sound;
• Meal tickets to use wherever you want;
• Relaxation room;
• Fresh fruit that are available in the office each week;
• Various training and knowledge sharing programs, both in Romania and abroad;
• Access to most of our games up to date for research and fun;
• Team activities once a month: movie tickets or other fun activities;
• 7card offers.