Online Programmer - Technology Group Online
Enter the homeland of many epic games and be part of our world. Ubisoft is a place where creativity, passion and innovation are the driving force and over 1800 people are at its core.
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands, including Assassin’s Creed, Just Dance, Tom Clancy’s video game series, Rayman, Far Cry and Watch Dogs. The teams throughout Ubisoft’s worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms, including consoles, mobile phones, tablets and PCs. Today it became an exciting success story, with a strong history of titles such as Silent Hunter, Blazing Angels, H.A.W.X, Just Dance, Assassin’s Creed, Ghost Recon or Watch Dogs.
Ubisoft Romania is the first Ubisoft production studio outside France. The Romanian adventure, which began in 1992, has turned into an exciting success story where Production, Test and IT Department are its driving force.
Come and join our team of over 1800 professionals and help us create highly appreciated interactive entertainment products!
• BS/MS in Computer Science or related technical field;
• Good spoken / written English;
• Be familiar with at least one of the following types of projects and technologies:
• Custom Python and C++ service solution utilizing different SQL and NoSQL database that exposes a REST API
• REST API implemented with Django and Django REST framework
• Web GUI written in CoffeScript with AngularJS
Will be considered a plus:
• Previous leadership experience;
• Knowledge about Agile methodology.
• Fast learner;
• Excellent communication skills;
• Excellent interpersonal skills;
• Focus on producing quality work;
• Pro-active and self-motivated;
• Team player;
• Ability to adapt to change;
• Availability to travel for short periods of time, up to one month per year.
The Technology Group is the primary technology partner of game production teams. The Technology Group is composed of two sister teams: the TG, which is dedicated to developing tools and middleware solutions, and the TG Online, which develops solutions and manages operations for online gaming.
You will be part of the team working on Rendez-Vous inside Ubisofts’ TGO department from Craiova.
Rendez-Vous is a platform of advanced online services for creating innovative connected gaming experiences. It offers a full catalog of recurring online challenges but also can support custom service development.
• Compile and understand the online intentions and existing features of the project;
• Design and implement features, APIs and test suites according to specifications;
• Work as a part of an agile development team;
• Collaborate with other off-site teams to discuss constraints and technical possibilities;
• for the various challenges;
• Maintain a high software quality, find and fix bugs.
What's in it for you
• Medical services to keep you safe and sound;
• Meal tickets to use wherever you want;
• Relaxation room;
• Fresh fruit that are available in the office each week;
• Various training and knowledge sharing programs, both in Romania and abroad
• Access to most of our games up to date for research and fun;
• Team activities once a month: movie tickets, Spa vouchers or other fun activities;
• 7card offers.