Accounts Receivable Accountant
The Accounts Receivable Accountant is primarily responsible for the timely and accurate processing of Client invoices and/or other 3rd party invoices, as well as performing a secondary audit of other AR Team Members posted invoices, conducting statement audits and providing problems resolutions.
- Gathering back up for invoicing (sales orders, tickets, Pbook, contracts) and validating it’s accuracy and completeness
- Process service tickets for invoicing to the Client by checking it’s data accuracy, resolving discrepancies, obtaining all signatures and entering data into system.
- Prepare original documents for scanning, filing, archiving as instructed
- Daily checking bank statements and ensure incoming cash is allocated the same day, also keeping track of all unallocated collections
- Solving Bank reconciliation items ( eg. cash in bank not in GL and vice versa)
- Send invoices to clients and maintain constant follow-up for outstanding invoices/ client disputes/ credit notes preparation
- Answer phone, mail, and walk-in inquiries by providing accurate and prompt resolution to all requests
- Analyze/review Client accounts for accuracy and check balances
- Work on special projects as needed
- Comply with applicable company policies
- Ability to communicate and interact, as well as support, effective partnerships with peers
- Follow-up and keep regular update to the management of pending/unbilled tickets, tickets without PO and different disputes
- Follow-up on payments and keep regular update to the management for overdue invoices
- Provide back-up for the other team members (when needed) and share the knowledge (training) with the new team members
- Maintain strong communication and relationship with operations and clients (Client visits are included)
- Organize trips to locations (where possible) to meet the Operational team to highlight the challenges for each side and improve the billing process
- Travel to locations and participate to the hand-over process (when necessary)
- Prepare the revenue reconciliation and provide it to management in due time. Maintain the revenue-sheet file by Segment
- Successfully complete required QHSE training (including but not limited to drugs and alcohol, electrical, emergency response, fire, first aid, health and hygiene, PPE, SIPP, risk reporting, IT security, hazardous materials, driving)
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to communicate and interact with colleagues from different departments; often interaction with senior management / clients, having good communication skills and being customer service oriented
- Discretion when dealing with confidential information
- Problem solving abilities: providing quality solutions, being creative and innovative as well as having good decision-making skills
- Project management skills for setting and achieving goals
- Interdisciplinary: Understanding the interaction with other departments, company strategy and principles of Quality Management
Requirements on education & experience:
- Certificate of economic studies or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years experience in a financial position.
- Ability to calculate figures and manage accounting and financial records
- English Proficiency
- Proficient user in spreadsheet applications