Support Engineering Manager
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Microsoft active
View all jobs Support Engineering Manager active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Management - Consulting active on Hipo.ro
It’s a time of exciting change and new thinking at Microsoft. We’re focused on improving the day-to-day lives of our customers, delivering meaningful impact through ground-breaking technology and providing a truly unified experience.
Through incredible services like OneDrive and Xbox Live powering a Mobile First, Cloud First world, we deliver a positive blend of work and play across different devices, locations and users. Across digital life, we’re reinventing productivity.
In order to fuel this change, we need people prepared to challenge convention, question the status quo and collaborate with likeminded individuals that don’t fear failure but see it as a necessary step toward making a mark on the world.
If shaping a better, more exciting future is what motivates you, you’ll be in good company.
Find out more about Jobs at Microsoft Romania and apply.
We are the Customer Service & Support organization
· Do you want to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more?
· Do you want to work in an open and inclusive environment where diverse perspectives are celebrated?
· Do you enjoy leading and developing people?
If you love talking to and learning from customers and are excited about working with brilliant technical minds, we want to talk to you.
In Customer Service and Support, we are focused on how we can Empower, Help, and Advise Microsoft customers. We engage in solving complex problems for customers, we collaborate and knowledge share with each other, and we innovate on solutions to enable our customers to make the most of Microsoft products. Our team is geographically distributed, we speak many languages and we come from a variety of cultural backgrounds. We are rapidly expanding, and we are looking for talented people with a passion for solving complex issues and an obsession for customer happiness.
Our culture is built around attributes that drive our every decision and our every action:
· Customer Obsession - we exist for and because of the customer. We need people who share that passion and drive to make our customers experiences easy, insightful and trusted.
· Growth Mindset - we value all perspectives and reward individuals that poke at the edges of what they know to be true. We are seeking people that think differently and are biased toward action to accomplish great things.
· Diverse & Inclusive - we enable people who bring a contemporary view to shape our internal teams and encourage all to feel included.
· One Microsoft - we collaborate and value the work of others, combining their learnings with our own to make a better outcome for our customers.
· Making a difference - we drive impact by looking for ways to continually improve our day to day responsibilities and the connections between our work and others.
About the Role
We are looking for an intellectually curious, customer-obsessed Support Engineering Manager for our Modern Workplace Business Unit, who has a demonstrated track record in building teams through effective and strong leadership and has empowered people to help customers succeed. As a Support Engineering Manager (SEM), you will focus on building and leading a high performing team of engineers.
You will be responsible for ensuring our teams provide a positive support experience, which includes being responsive to our customers and effectively partnering with stakeholders on the most critical problems for Microsoft’s customers. You will represent Microsoft to our customers and will work directly with our most relevant internal groups to drive change that enhances the customer experience. You will act as the voice of the customer to internal audiences such as the Microsoft Engineering Groups, leveraging the culture of customer obsession at Microsoft to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.
Who We Are Looking For
· 5+ years of experience leading and developing people
· English Language: fluent in reading, writing and speaking.
· Strong customer service (or technical management), communication, and interpersonal skills
· Ability to set and communicate team and individual goals and communicate strategy, tactics and behaviors required to achieve those goals.
· Flexibility and ability to adapt to ambiguous and changing situations
· Ability to manage high pressure situations
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.