Functional Safety Engineer
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Harman International Romania active
View all jobs Functional Safety Engineer active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Hardware active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day. Chances are HARMAN and its innovative brands have already touched your life today. HARMAN designs and engineers connected products and solutions for automakers, consumers, and enterprises worldwide, including connected car systems, audio and visual products, enterprise automation solutions and services supporting the Internet of Things.
About the Role
The Functional Safety (FUSA) Engineer SW is responsible for the functional safety software(SW) engineering definition and technical excellence of a Infotainment, Cockpit-Cluster, ADAS etc products across the entire project software development lifecycle in accordance with ISO26262. The FUSA SW engineer will act as safety analyst, reviewer and approver for the accommodated technical safety work products. Being part of global FUSA team, the FUSA SW engineer will support in FUSA requirements in new project for achieving: RFI/RFQ related, Software safety analysis, Support in software design development, safety analysis and testing activities.
What You Will Do
- Key player in moderation and execution of product development in accordance with ISO26262 FUSA life cycle focusing on engineering or technical activities
- Support in development of SW architecture and detailed designs in accordance with ISO26262
- Execution of relevant qualitative Safety Analysis (e.g. SW FMEA, HAZOP etc.,)
- Moderation and participation of FUSA SW technical inspections
- Support on FUSA SW testing activities. (e.g. Fault Injection Tests)
- Accountable on FUSA SW requirements for internal and external (Customer/Suppliers).
- Ensure the qualification of SW components as per ISO 26262.
- Strong collaboration and cooperation with FUSA Manager, Program manager, Architects, Developers, Testers representing software, hardware and system domains
- Support in development of Functional and Technical Safety concepts
- Support evaluation of customer change requests with regards to FUSA SW impact
- Support in creating and maintaining Hardware-Software Interface specification
- Support in creation of relevant requirements for production, operation and servicing
- Support in verification and confirmation reviews of FUSA work products as relevant
- Supporting Functional Safety manager for Milestone Gate reviews and work products development like safety plan, DIA, safety case etc.,
- Identifying technical and process risks during SW product development and testing
- Coordination in deciding and verifying followed Safety methods and measures, targets etc.
- Coordination/supporting during functional safety audit and assessments
- University degree in the Engineering field
- Experience in software level product development
- Provable experience in development of products in compliance with standard ISO26262
- Understand the requirements, architecture, design and methodologies in the field of automotive domain
- Experience in creation of safety concepts and safety analysis including DFA (e.g. DFMEA, FTA, FMEDA, HAZOP etc.)
- Knowledge about product development process – ASPICE/CMMI, ISO26262, IEC61508
- Experience of safety measures to ensure the FFI at SW level. (e.g. MPU, MMU, E2E, HBM)
- Experience of safety measures to diagnose the random hardware failure at SW level. (e.g. Plausibility check, CRC, March C)
- Knowledge about MISRA rules.
- Ability to work independently
- Strong skills in communication, presentation and problem solving (customer and internal)
- Flexible and autonomous working with global interfaces
- English business fluent
- Should Demonstrate strong soft skills like collaboration, adoptability, change orientation, decision making, results driven, managing uncertainties etc.,
- Certified Functional Safety Professional & ASPICE assessor
- Knowledge on ISO26262 product development at System and Hardware level
- Familiar in use tool like Ansys Medini Analyze
- Knowledge of Software architecture modeling using semi-formal notations like UML, SysML
- Knowledge of SW code analysis, assessing code quality metrics and unit testing principle
- Knowledge of Fault-Injection tests, Resource usage tests, Structural coverages, equivalence classes, boundary coverages etc., by way of SIL, PIL, MIL, HIL tests
- Knowledge of model based development (MBD) using modeling guidelines
- Knowledge of Project management, Quality management, Configuration and change management process
- Familiar with tools IBM ALM/CLM, JIRA, confluence etc;
- Knowledge on Tools confidence evaluation and qualification, Software qualification, Proven-In-Use arguments/reports, ASIL oriented analysis etc.,
- Willingness to travel
- Willingness to work in an office
- Work in international teams with the biggest worldwide automotive customers
- HARMAN University takes the mission to further stimulate a learning culture and provide meaningful learning and development programs for your professional development
- Market competitive and compliant compensation and benefits programs, e.g. flexible working time, medical subscription, free parking spaces, meal tickets, etc.
- Further career development opportunities