Functional Safety Engineer
Chances are HARMAN and its innovative brands have already touched your life today.
HARMAN designs and engineers connected products and solutions for automakers, consumers, and enterprises worldwide, including connected car systems, audio and visual products, enterprise automation solutions and services supporting the Internet of Things.
With leading brands including AKG®, Harman Kardon®, Infinity®, JBL®, Lexicon®, Mark Levinson® and Revel®, HARMAN is admired by audiophiles, musicians and the entertainment venues where they perform around the world. More than 25 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with HARMAN audio and connected car systems.
The Functional Safety Engineer will be part of a team responsible for all activities of ISO 26262 Safety-Lifecycle required in developing high end, embedded automotive infotainment systems.
Your tasks & responsibilities
- Member of Project Core Team
- Support in execution of ISO26262 Functional Safety life cycle - predominantly engineering aspects
- Support and execution of Safety Analysis (Hazard Risk Analysis, FMEA, Failure Modes, Effects and
- Diagnostics Coverage Analysis, Fault Tree Analysis)
- Responsibility of functional and technical safety within project
- Moderation and participation of technical inspections
- Support in performing verification and conformance reviews
- Strong collaboration and cooperation with Program Manager, Developer and Customer
- Support in reviewing and if necessary support required in developing/maintaining functional safety requirements
- Coordination in deciding Safety Methods and measures, targets as part functional safety planning
- Coordination/supporting during functional safety audit and assessments
- Ensure process compliancy within the development project
- Ensure project compliance with ISO26262, demonstration of risks along product development / product life cycle
- Extensive experience in Automotive Engineering and Development as well as experience in Functional Safety implementation
- Extensive knowledge on System, Hardware and Software
- Experience in creation of safety concepts and analysis (FMEA, FTA, FMEDA, HARA)
- Experience with standards for Quality Management Systems
- Experience in product development process (e.g.: ASPICE 2.x or 3.x)
- Profound knowledge about functional safety according to ISO 26262
- Experience in creation of project safety plan ·
- Ability to work independently
- Strong skills in communication, presentation and problem solving (customer and internal)
- Flexible and autonomous working with global interfaces
- English business fluent, German appreciated
- Make an impact on the future of automotive industry by working with some of the biggest brands from the market (Toyota, BMW, Daimler, Audi and so on)
- Are encouraged to continuously improve their knowledge through trainings and courses from Harman University impressive database
- Have work-life balanced support through flexible working hours, medical subscription, gym subscription, meal tickets, fruit days, Bookster account and discounts on Harman Shop
- State the art of a new office easily accessible by city transportation.
- Have a fun work environment along with great people – Just wait ‘till you challenge out champions in Foosball or Mortal Kombat
- Yes, they have parking spaces in Pipera
#JoinHarmanBucharest and come see what you can achieve with us!
Our software services power billions of mobile devices and systems that are connected, integrated and secure across all platforms, from work and home to car and mobile. HARMAN has a workforce of approximately 30,000 people across the Americas, Europe, and Asia. In March 2017, HARMAN became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics.
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status.