Formed in 2017 by the combination of Misys and D+H, Finastra builds and deploys innovative, next-generation technology on our open Fusion software architecture and cloud ecosystem. Our scale and geographical reach means that we can serve customers effectively, regardless of their size or location—from global financial institutions to community banks and credit unions.Requirements
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field is preferred.
• 3+ years of experience as a Scrum Master in an Agile Development environment.
• Scrum Master Certification.
• Demonstrated experience working on large scale, multiple Scrum team projects. Experience with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) best practices is preferred.
• Demonstrated experience working in and leading teams that leverage Test Driven Development and Continuous Integration processes
• Ability to hold team members accountable, set clear sprint performance standards, resolve sprint performance issues, keep team engaged and on task.
• A strategic and creative thinker with proven analytical and problem solving capabilities.
• Experience presenting to and influencing across an organization or team.
• Ability to lead release planning, sprint planning and retrospective sessions with cross functional teams.
• Familiarity with common agile practices, service-oriented environments, and better development practices - (User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing).
• Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful agile techniques.
• Experience building scrum teams from the ground up.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and a passion for working in highly collaborative environments.
What will you contribute?
The Scrum Master provides effective collaboration, facilitation, leadership and coaching skills supporting the agile development process and delivery of our applications. As an agile expert, the Scrum Master will be responsible for enforcing the agile tenets as interpreted by our team, removing impediments and promoting transparency. This position requires commitment to exceptional results, a strong desire for continuous improvement and the ability to build a collaborative culture within our team. You will facilitate daily stand-ups and ensure the integrity of the agile process by capturing velocity and removing obstacles to drive projects to successful release. In this highly visible role, you will have significant interaction with product owners and regular contact with senior management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead cross-functional Agile teams to successfully deliver on release plans for the Student lending Platform.
• Facilitate all standard Scrum/agile cadence practices including Daily Stand Up, Sprint Planning, Release Planning, Sprint Retrospective, and Backlog refinement activities.
• Keep the team focused on deliverables, remove obstacles and resolve any conflicts that are hampering the agile team’s productivity.
• Collaborate with other departments, individual contributors, and management to enhance communication and transparency.
• Operate as a Servant Leader, Coach and Agile Evangelist to Agile teams and other personnel. Monitor and report on Agile metrics and team performance using information radiators such as burndown charts, release predictability charts and other progress reports.
• Support and promote implementation of the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
• Create an environment that empowers and energizes team members, with a focus on accountability, adaptability, and collaboration.
• Collaborate with team to ensure governance on practices.
• Facilitate and drive continuous improvement within and across teams.
• Related duties as assigned.