Software Engineer- Embedded Systems
Luxoft is a global IT service provider with more than 12800 expert skilled software engineers onboard that create high-end business solutions for the world’s largest brands. Luxoft’s global client base consists primarily of large multinational corporations.
We serve over 150 clients from our delivery centers in North America, Mexico, Western and Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific, and South Africa. Luxoft is listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE:LXFT). With deep domain expertise in the finance, technology, automotive, telecom, travel & aviation and energy, the company consistently goes beyond its clients’ expectations by bringing together technology, talent, innovation, and the highest quality standards.
Reasons to join us
• Attractive salary and benefits package
• We invest into your professional training including business domain knowledge, and allow you to grow your professional career.
• We encourage creative-thinking into an open-minded work environment. Frequently the relaxation rooms are the place where the most ambitions ideas are born.
• We are not just professional teams, we are also friends that have fun working together
• If you are an active person and you feel motivated by the creation/development of the software solutions, then this is the place to be, you will not get bored.
• Understanding of embedded systems/software
• Strong electronics device/hardware knowledge
• Proficient skills in using C/C++ programming languages
• Familiarity with compiler internals, debuggers, disassemblers, and other low-level development and analysis tools
• Knowledge of microcontrollers and Flash Memory and their interfaces, JTAG, SPI, I2C, UART, eMMC UFS, NAND, NOR, etc
• Strong attention to detail
• Skill in working independently, prioritizing and following through on assignments with minimal direction.
• Strong English communication skills, both verbal and written
• Familiar with and accustomed to Agile design and development methodologies
• Ability to adjust style and approach to suit situations that involve rapidly changing tasks, shifting priorities, and simultaneous demands.
• Ability to make timely and sound decisions and solve problems by assessing relevant information, drawing on past experience and applying critical thinking to develop an appropriate solution.
• Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships both locally and with team members around the world.
• Skill in establishing rapport and gaining the trust of peers and customers.
Summary of Experience and Education
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
• 3-5 years related experience
• Strong software development experience
• HW/SW debugging experience and skills
• Experience with hardware architectures and system design
Are you looking for the opportunity to make a direct impact on next-generation products with an industry leader? Do you have experience leading the design, development and enhancement of new and existing system technologies? Are you at ease working, collaborating and innovating in small, agile teams? Does your experience include working with embedded products that encompass hardware, system software, and application software components? Do you bring a can-do attitude and a strong desire to win with you to work every day? Have you ever considered turning your car into a Transformer? If so, we could offer you something exciting!
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to:
• Design and develop new drivers and algorithms to program flash memory devices ( MCU's, eMMC Flash, Nand/Nor flash memory chips, etc.)
• Review and analyze technical specifications of electrical systems and devices to understand how best to program them.
• Provide documentation for new or existing supports for devices, ensuring the technical documentation, installation and operations conform to Data I/O standards and customer requirements.