Senior Telecom Engineer
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs NOBEL active
View all jobs Senior Telecom Engineer active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Telecommunication active on Hipo.ro
Nobel’s history of expansion and profitable growth as a technology company covers the last 20 years and we are well positioned for future success as well. Our products and services include: online selling of prepaid virtual phone cards worldwide, distribution of physical phone cards in North America and Romania, superior carrier services worldwide, innovative call center solutions, international money transfer services, food delivery and more.
Nobel was awarded the 2nd Best Employer at national level, regardless of the field of activity in 2019 and the 1st place on IT&C industry by Undelucram !
Nobel's employees are our most valuable asset. We offer numerous opportunities for both professional and personal development towards challenging careers.
- 3+ years of experience in Microsoft SQL and SIP, SS7 experience is a considerable advantage;
- Knowledge / awareness of the following BSS/OSS Products:
DIGITALK MSP – highly appreciated
CISCO PGW 2200
CISCO AS5400/AS5350, 650x, 3750, 720x
- Good knowledge of network provisioning and telecommunication standards
- Protocol stack knowledge (SIP, SIGTRAN, MGCP, SS7, ISDN, NFAS)
- Knowledge of database administration MSSQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL - highly appreciated
- Linux administration
- Basic scripting (Perl,Shell, PHP)
- Knowledge about SNMP and monitoring tools (ex: Cacti, Nagios)
- Knowledge of NAS/DAS/SAN
- Fluency in English
- University Degree or undergraduate.
- Plan, design, troubleshoot and resolve problems in order to stabilize and optimize the company voice network. Analyze, isolate and solve complex fault issues as well as contribute to corrective actions
- Configure and integrate different systems and solutions in new and live environments
- Verify and implement procedural improvements and changes (down to the level of work instructions) and provide input on structural improvements in processes/work instructions. This is done within the responsibilities of the organizational unit (and adjacent interfacing areas) with the goal to ensure changes are embedded in the daily way of working
- Change management activities, activation/deactivation of system functionalities, deployment, re-homing, interconnections, end-to-end testing, software upgrade and remote data center coordination of activities
- Analyze the risk and impact of new service elements integration
- Provisioning and parameterization activities according to planning and design requests
- Verify that KPI’s for the new integrated or modified systems are within agreed thresholds
- Monitoring of the services, by executing daily routines on the end-to-end services, networks and network components by using generic and specific systems, tools and processes
- Back-up and restore routines
- Perform configuration and integration tests
- Remote support and troubleshooting for field engineers and 3rd party
- Prepare and update documentation according to specific requirements
- Prepare and maintain reports and records such as inventory records by site and system, cable schematics and equipment configurations
- Keep track and document his/her actions through the internal management tools.