Senior Storage Engineer
- Administrates the IT storage infrastructure including provisioning of LUNs and Volumes to servers and Virtualized infrastructure etc;
- Administrates the Storage Area Network including managing and maintenance of the SAN fabric from host connectivity to the storage ;
- Design and build highly scalable storage systems solution;
- Installation, setup and maintenance of backup environment, backup software and support backup and restore operations ;
- Track storage utilization;
- Support with monitoring and reporting of system health/ performance of all nodes of the SAN fabric ;
- Monitor storage performance / quality and implements performance tuning to resolve performance issues;
- Create and maintain documentation as it pertains to the storage infrastructure procedures and configuration;
- Tape library configuration and tape management ;
- Report on necessary recommendations for additional storage resources or hardware and any improvements that increases performance and reliability;
- Work as part of a team and provide 24x7 support with on-call rotation ;
- Responsible for the configuration and data backup operation of the centralized backup system for all backups;
- Responsible for the investigation and fix any backup issues;
- Work with vendors to perform incident troubleshooting and root cause analyze;
- Clean up the storage media containing customer’s data before disposing or reuse of the storage media;
- Verify compliance of the operating conditions with company policy;
- Correct, repair or replace the damaged external storage media.
- Working knowledge with multiple storage solutions (NetApp, Oracle, EMC);
- Working knowledge with provisioning, maintenance, troubleshooting of enterprise storage systems;
- Working knowledge with Fiber Channel switches and routers;
- Working knowledge with Data Replication, Data Protection and Virtualization Technology;
- Ability to plan, document, and effectively implement projects and systems;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills ;
- Good team player with a can-do attitude ;
- Good trouble shooting and problem solving skills;
- Fluency in English and the local language (written and verbal) ;
- French language will be considered as an advantage;
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office, Excel, MSWord and Power Point.
- Motivational salary package and annual performance bonus;
- Gym discounts;
- Private Medical Insurance discounts;
- Paid 4 hours leave per month;
- Flexible work schedule;
- Weekly fruit day;
- Opportunity to get certifications (HCNA, HCNP, HCIE) on Huawei products;
- Life time learning environment and tools.
Candidate Privacy Notice
Please take into consideration that Huawei Enterprise Romania GSC will process your CV data (name, contact details, education, work history, qualifications and skills).
This Personal Data is processed in order to assess the competency and suitability of candidates applying for employment with Huawei; to make decisions on whether or not to offer employment to any particular candidate; to decide the terms and conditions of any such offer; to record all decision making for internal management and reporting purposes.