PHP Software Engineer
Stefanini IT Solutions was founded in Brazil by Marco Stefanini in 1987. Today, Stefanini is a global services provider, delivering offshore, onshore and nearshore outsourcing, IT consulting, systems integration, application and strategic staffing services to mid-size and large companies around the world.
• A background in computer science and software engineering;
• Extensive experience working as a back-end developer on enterprise level, object orientated PHP applications;
• Comfortable working as part of an Agile team, in a collaborative environment where sharing of ideas and working together is encouraged;
• Able to solve complex business problems using PHP code;
• A strong grasp of object orientated programming principles, patterns and practices;
• Recent and substantial experience using the Symfony framework (v2 or above);
• A good understanding of both monolithic and distributed Web application architecture, including the HTTP protocol, session management, APIs and authentication;
• Experience using BASH, Vagrant and GIT on a daily basis;
• A good level of fluency in SQL, familiarity with database administration and optimisation;
• Fluency in English (written/oral);
• Innovative and collaborative mind-set;
• Honest and accountable;
• Customer and business orientated.
Nice to have
• Testing frameworks such as PHPUnit and Codeception;
• Prior experience with other programming languages.
• The ability and willingness to pick up new languages quickly when required will be a definite bonus;
• Experience of queue technologies (eg. RabbitMQ) advantageous;
• Experience of other relevant technologies, such as CI, build and test automation (Jenkins) and containerisation (Docker);
• Familiarity with the Atlassian suite of software including Jira, Bitbucket and Confluence.
• Working alongside an experienced team of developers to implement features, resolve bugs and develop technical improvements;
• Following Agile development methodologies to deliver high quality, working software on a timely basis;
• Performing code reviews and contributing to technical design discussions;
• Working with the broader business, including QA and Product teams, in a professional and adaptable manner, to ensure the completion of projects in line with customer and business expectations.
What we offer
You will find here not only a challenging and interesting workplace, but also a rewarding work experience, with competitive compensation and benefit packages:
• Soft skills and technical training for current and emerging products and technologies;
• Career development: opportunity to grow within the team (e.g. Senior Expert Network roles);
• Special referral bonuses for recommending your friends;
• Private Medical subscription;
• A monthly budget for flexible benefits program that includes public transportation reimbursement and meal tickets, sport & wellness, telecom & electronics, children & parents, holiday & culture, tourism;
• Relaxation rooms (foosball table, ping pong, board games);
• Massage sessions;
• Extra vacation days;
• Flexible working hours and work from home, aligned with project needs;
• Friendly team who is eager to meet you.
It’s best to apply today, because job postings can be taken down and we wouldn’t want you to miss this opportunity.
We are a Brazilian company with over three decades of IT expertise, focused on making the digital transformation dream a successful reality for our clients.
Our “big enough, yet small enough” approach makes us open, flexible, responsive and agile. If you are somebody who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment, who likes to experience the newest technologies but, at the same time, keeps a grasp on the well-established ones, then join us in the conversation about relevant software development.
Stefanini has career opportunities locally and around the world for professionals interested in a vibrant, passionate, team-oriented workplace.