Junior Summit C++ Developer
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Phi Partners active
View all jobs Junior Summit C++ Developer active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
Are you a C++ professional with an interest in investment banking?
- Clients with Summit – a highly-customisable, C++ based investment banking trading system that supports front office, back office, risk management and finance across most asset classes.
- Dozens of projects relating to Summit: new implementations, version upgrades, enhancements, interface development, integration and migration programmes, functional improvements, financial product implementations… every project is different.
- Talented C++ developers like you with an interest in investment banking, who will become expert in the Summit trading system technology, and the business functions it supports, through a wide variety of different client-facing projects.
- If you are already familiar with Summit in any way, just stop reading and please contact us now! If you don’t, that’s fine: read on…
- You have a computer science or mathematical background, with at least intermediate levels of C / C++.
- We hope your wider technical skills include C# / .Net, SQL / Database (Oracle, Sybase, MS SQL), Scripting, and XML. And it’s great if you also know something of Apache, Tomcat, JMS and ActiveMQ.
- Java, Java Script and Python are a bonus – but if Java is your passion, we are also looking for Java developers so please do check out our other job posts.
- You have worked in a software development context and have an understanding of the wider processes. You have likely worked with source control management systems and used workflow management tools (like GIT, Jenkins, JIRA) and you’re hopefully familiar with Agile / Scrum setups.
- You have an understanding of investment banking - that means a general understanding of the financial products traded in the Capital Markets space: Swaps, Options, FX, Equities… as well as an idea of the business flow for front office, back office and risk. This understanding may be from a university course, or from a relevant previous job.
- You are interested in work with a C++ focus within a wider role fulfilling many technical functions in the development lifecycle: technical analysis, assisting in requirements definition, technical design, implementation, technical testing, defect fixing, providing workarounds, occasional documentation, environment and configuration troubleshooting...
- It goes without saying that you have excellent written and spoken English and are proficient in Excel and Word.
- You will receive relevant training in a structured fashion from the day you join, and we will look to put you into a hands-on role almost immediately – it’s the best way to learn! But you will never be alone: you will be mentored by more senior colleagues and you are always part of a wider, very friendly team of experts willing to share their knowledge.
- Our more junior Summit developers quickly become experts in the Summit system, as well as becoming expert in many of the business processes that the system supports. You will follow a promotion track in line with your achievements and the experience you have gained:
- Those with a particular mathematical leaning may specialise in the more quantitative / front office aspects of Summit. Others develop a breadth of skills and knowledge across the full functionality of the system and undertake many different flavours of client projects.
- Depending on your preference, there is a path into development management – moving into team leadership positions, technical advisory, technical architect or even technical project management roles. For those who wish to remain very hands-on, promotion will reflect in the breadth and depth of your technical Summit skills and business knowledge.
- One of our senior partners, now the technical lead at Phi, started life as a junior Summit developer. But he will never admit to how long ago that was!