Aerospace Design Engineer
GKN Aerospace is the world’s leading tier 1 aerospace supplier. With over 50 manufacturing locations, GKN serves over 90% of the world’s aircraft and engine manufacturers. Our technologies are used in aircraft ranging from the largest passenger planes to 5th generation fighter aircraft. Working together with universities, knowledge institutes, suppliers and customers, we lead the industry in developing new technology.Requirements
Your skills and competences:
- Aerospace engineer with a Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge of aircraft materials, design and manufacturing processes
- Creative and problem-solving attitude
- Ability to work in teams, apply internal regulations, comply with company policy, open-minded
- Good interpersonal skills
- Innovative and cost-conscious
- Good verbal and written command of Romanian and English
- Able to travel to other company sites 3-4 times a year, mostly in Europe
- Create product definitions based on conceptual design requirements
- Integrate requirements in order to deliver a correct and complete detailed design
- Analyze input from other disciplines and incorporate in order to achieve an optimum design
- Provide manufacturing support related to product definition
- Contribute to weight and cost savings
- Perform activities with an optimum balance between quality, budget and time
GKN Aerospace is the world’s leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With over 50 manufacturing locations across the globe, GKN serves over 90% of the world’s aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest passenger planes in the world to business jets and 5th generation fighter aircrafts. Working closely together with universities, knowledge institutes, suppliers and customers, we lead the industry in developing new technology to improve aircraft efficiency: lowering cost, weight and emissions.
Fokker Engineering Romania is one of the major Aerospace Engineering Hubs for the company, supporting the business in all engineering challenges. Our high skilled engineering team serves the complete Aircraft Design & Development Life Cycle from Proposal to Concept, from Production Assistance to In-Flight Support. Whether we are designing a composite tail for the newest Gulfstream Business Jet or providing onsite support to our production locations all over Europe, we are passionate about our work and show our love for Aerospace Engineering through everything we do.
Diversity and Inclusion
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success. A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer. We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.