The Configuration Librarian is the custodian and guardian of all master copies of CIs registered with Configuration Management. The role is responsible for the integrity and accuracy of the configuration data.
This function covers the management of newly created or modified assets and CIs for the categories below:
- Provides information on the status of CIs
- Numbers, records, stores and distributes Configuration Management issues
- Assists the client to prepare the Configuration Management Plan
- Creates an identification scheme for Configuration Management libraries
- Assists in the identification of products and CIs
- Maintains current status information on CIs
- Accepts and records the receipt of new or revised configurations into the appropriate library
- Issues copies of products for review, change, correction or information when authorized to do so
- Notifies holders of any changes
- Collects and retains information that will assist in the assessment of what CIs are impacted by a Change to a product
- Produces configuration status accounting reports
- Assists in conducting configuration audits
- Liaises with other databases where CIs are common to other systems.
- Is responsible for the currency & availability of base reference and populated relationship information in the Configuration
- Configuration Item (CI) maintenance (attribute update and validation);
- CI relationship management (e.g. CIs used for a specific service, based on new service creation or Changes);
- Employee lifecycle management (e.g. employee leave, ownership reassignment of various CIs);
- Subnet management in our discovery tool (add, modify remove subnets to scan).