General Accounting Agent
At SNC-Lavalin, we all have a common purpose. What matters to you, it matters to us, equally. You are talented and motivated, ready to explore where the future takes you and we’re here to work with you side by side.
Globally, we are one of the leading engineering and construction groups in the world, but here in Bucharest, within our Finance Shared Services Centre (FSSC), we only focus on building your career, while providing financial support to the SNC-Lavalin colleagues worldwide.
Our team is constantly growing and exciting openings are waiting for you! All you have to do is enjoy finance, communication and interaction with people around the world.
Why join SNC-Lavalin?
• Improve your language skills by interacting with native French and English speakers / access language courses
• Take real opportunities to boost your career in finance
• Enjoy flexible schedule, with day and evening shifts
• Receive motivational financial package & flexible benefits
• Direct contract with SNC-Lavalin.
A journey where the purpose is present at all stages is our promise to you. Meet us!
Founded in 1911 and with offices in over 40 countries, SNC-Lavalin is a fully integrated professional services and project Management Company, covering a variety of industry sectors, including mining & metallurgy, oil & gas, environment & water, infrastructure and clean power. In many cases, SNC-Lavalin combines these services with its financing and operations & maintenance capability to provide a complete end-to-end project approach. Thus, the Finance Shared Services Centre (FSSC) in Romania is the internal "unit" responsible for the execution and the handling of specific financial tasks.
Our Financial Shared Services Centre (FSSC) provides financial and accounting support to our SNC-Lavalin colleagues worldwide. We are currently seeking General Accounting Agents to join our growing team in Bucharest. We have recently started transitioning general accounting activities to FSSC and part of your role will consist in assisting the Supervisor and Team Leaders with the transition. You will be actively participating in the transition process and will be playing a key role in creating and updating procedures, policies and training material. Once the activities are transferred to FSSC, your main responsibility will be to perform general accounting activities.
Candidates must have strong verbal and written English communication skills, have a keen interest in a fast paced work environment, and be proficient in organization, and time management.
As the ideal candidate, you have significant focus on producing quality work, meeting deadlines, working in a dynamic office, and the ability to grow your career in an environment that encourages innovation and delivers excellence. Our office thrives on challenges and as the ideal candidate, you are confident in developing innovative solutions and furthering these through sound accounting practice.
• University Degree in the field of Management, Business, Finance (Accounting is considered a plus)
• Experience in financial systems and office solutions, preferably Oracle
• Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite
• Experience working in a shared services, process driven or service center environment
Capabilities and qualifications:
• Excellent English communication skills (Knowledge of French is considered a plus)
• Ability to work under pressure
• Strong customer service orientation
• Ability to set priorities and complete multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to work well both as part of a team and individually
• Attention to detail and high level of accuracy and efficiency
• Flexibility, especially at month end closure
• Performing day to day and month end close accounting activities in support to the SNC-Lavalin Canadian Entities: intercompany transactions, financial statements, payroll accounting, payroll processing, ledger reconciliations, bank reconciliations, journal entries, accruals, overhead allocation, long term contracts admin, capital expenses and fixed assets, inventory, foreign exchange validation)
• Coordinating, preparing, reviewing and distributing financial reports and analysis
• Achieving and sustaining best practices in effectiveness, quality and efficiency within a strong internal control framework.
• Consistently meeting compliance measures and achieve service delivery standards
• Taking on any additional cross functional support duties when called upon
Our offer towards work-life balance
• Direct contract with SNC-Lavalin
• Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
• Team activities, team-building events, Fun@Work
• Employees Wellness Program – fresh fruits, free coffee and tea, chair massage, employee wellness rooms
• Learning and Development programs, Career opportunities
• CSR & Sport activities
• Open and dynamic work environment
• Flexible working schedule organized in 2 shifts: 10:00 - 19:00 and 13:00 - 22:00* Monday to Friday
*3 mandatory evening shifts per month, with the possibility to extend to a maximum of 10 evening shifts per month (bonus after the 6th evening shift).