Senior Windows Engineer
The team supports a wide variety of Windows based service lines (both corporate and bespoke) from a systems perspective as well as company virtualisation technologies (primarily VMware) as a service.
- The role involves support of a wide variety of Windows based service lines with an emphasis on implementing a global infrastructure that can be run and maintained with minimal effort. A secondary requirement of the role is to provide SME operational support as required.
- The ideal candidate will possess a broad skillset including problem solving and resolution, network diagnostics, monitoring, scripting and documentation. Experience with System Center is a key requirement and experience of system/application automation valuable, particularly if achieved using SCORCH and/or PoSH.
- The offshore senior system admin is responsible for the day to day running and support of the windows infrastructure.
- Provide expertise on Windows and other Microsoft technologies (particularly SCCM & SCOM).
- Build and develop sustainable and repeatable processes to ensure the resilience and availability of the installations, ensuring that any process being developed adheres to any standards being adhered to by other areas.
- Write and maintain appropriate documentation for manual and automated processes.
- Develop an understanding of procedures and SLAs for all services supported by the team.
- Provide frequent status reports and provide effective escalation and resolution of issues and problems to line management.
- Proactively identify operational risks and improvements and implement long term resolution.
- Reduce the number of recurring technical issues.
- Manage the implementation of change without adverse impact to continuity of service, adhering to existing change policy and processes, liaising with other business and technical teams.
- Assist with project work.
- Participate in regular DR tests.
- Assist with out of hours / weekend changes
- Provide on call support via a rota.
- Work with other IT teams and across silos.
- Gain an in depth knowledge of all LSEG business processes.
- Resolve day-to-day issues.
- Ensure service is in compliance with security policies.
- Proactively identify operational risks. Provide short term solutions whilst tracking long term resolution.
- Provide input to architectural design for network, infrastructure, database and applications.
The team proactively prevents and resolves issues that may impact these services as well as responding to incidents. The longer term focus within the team is to integrate a wide variety of inherited / legacy implementations that result in significant technical variation with an aim to standardise in order to automate in order to provide a global enterprise service centre.
Support is also provided to application teams and other infrastructure teams in order to bring together a set of complex components in a cohesive manner.
- Ability to rapidly understand a large, complex, sprawling multi-domain, multi-forest estate.
- Excellent investigation and troubleshooting skills of complex issues.
- Motivated self-starter who can work independently as well as part of a team.
- Displays initiative in continuously improving work processes and quality of output.
- High level of attention to detail and prepared to invest the time implementing long term solutions.
- Able to take direction from others when needed and not afraid to ask for help.
- Ability to learn new concepts and products.
- Enjoys the challenge of developing something unfamiliar.
- Ability to think quickly and decisively and look for alternative solutions in challenging situations.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly at a technical and non-technical level.
- Ability to document activities in a clear and concise manner.
- System Center (SCCM, SCOM, SCORCH);
- Active Directory;
- Core Windows: Windows server: 2003, 2008, 2008 R2, 2012 R2, Microsoft Clustering DNS, DHCP;
- Scripting: Powershell;
- SharePoint admin / development experience also beneficial;
- Microsoft qualifications desirable;
- Cloud experience is nice to have: Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure;
We are looking for intellectually curious people, interested in the bigger picture of how technology industry is evolving, ready to ask difficult questions and deal with complicated scenarios. If you a forward thinker and problem solver, this is the place to be as will be supporting you to fast forward your career.
We maximise each employee’s potential through personal development through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal. We believe in remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
- Pillar 3 Supplemental Pension
- 25 days’ holiday a year
- Private medical insurance
- Group life insurance policy
- Meal vouchers
- Other cool perks
People are at the heart of what we do and drive the success of our business. Our colleagues thrive personally and professionally through our shared values of Integrity, Partnership, Innovation and Excellence are at the core of our culture. We embrace diversity and actively seek to attract people with unique backgrounds and perspectives. We are always looking at ways to become more agile so we meet the needs of our teams and customers. We believe that an inclusive collaborative workplace is pivotal to our success and supports the potential and growth of all colleagues at LSEG.
A career with London Stock Exchange Group offers you the opportunity to be at the centre of the financial community. As well as competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits, we maximise each employee’s potential through personal development plans, training, coaching and mentoring.