Professional Services Consultant
London Stock Exchange Group is a global markets infrastructure business, sitting at the heart of the world’s financial community. We provide valuable services for a wide range of customers, focusing on Intellectual Property, Risk and Balance Sheet Management and Capital Formation.
Career opportunities in Bucharest
In order to support our growth plans and maximise our global efficiency, we are setting up a new technology and operations hub in Bucharest which will play a key role in providing services to the group and to our clients across the world. We aim to initially employ a team of 200 professionals in Romania across a range of technology data services and corporate function roles Our career opportunities cover a number of areas:
Web services - software development, system administration, maintenance and operational support for LSEG web platforms (both Linux and Windows platforms);
Corporate Services - corporate system administration and corporate application support for platforms based on Windows, Citrix and Red HAT;
Market Services which includes application support, system administration and database services engineering for LSEG markets;
Post Trade Services which includes software development and DevOps.
• 2+ years working as a Professional Services Consultant (or similar role such as client integration), ideally with experience at either a financial software vendor or financial institution;
• Good knowledge of SQL coupled with good data analysis skills;
• Good knowledge of data manipulation, enrichment, validation, normalisation and underlying concepts related to data reconciliation and quality management;
• Good industry / financial knowledge; ability to communicate and understand terminology used by clients (both technical and financial terminology);
• Autodidactic, process driven and logical, accountable for all actions / decisions, strong communication skills and customer service ethic;
• Strong English skills.
This is an excellent opportunity for a junior Professional Services Consultant with a strong technical slant, looking for a challenging career move. Working within the UnaVista team, part of a leading UK investment and financial services company, you will be responsible for the implementation of the complete software delivery lifecycle for regulatory, post trade, reconciliation and data solutions.
Due to the client facing nature of the role, good communication skills are essential, as is the ability to deal with a wide cross section of individuals and departments (internally and externally). As a Professional Services Consultant you will liaise on a regular basis with client project teams and stakeholders, primarily for the purpose of fulfilling the core software configuration functions and performing basic project management and business analysis duties. The ability to adapt and scale on demand is critical as you may be required for parallel multi-stream / multi-client project engagements.
Key responsibilities for this role are:
• Configuration: Implement UnaVista solutions as per the agreed functional requirements, with full accountability for quality assurance;
• Testing: Manage the internal and client facing (user acceptance) testing, applying appropriate change control practices to mitigate scope creep and overall project risk;
• Project management skills: Perform basic project management duties to ensure controlled implementation of UnaVista solutions to clients;
• Business Analyst skills: Assist with the efficient and accurate elicitation and documentation of client business and functional requirements in accordance with UnaVista business analysis processes;
• Documentation: Assist with the creation of supporting project / technical documentation in conjunction with other UnaVista staff;
• Support: Manage the UAT Queries mailbox and support any functional queries raised by existing clients using the UAT system.
We are looking for intellectually curious people, interested in the bigger picture of how technology industry is evolving, ready to ask difficult questions and deal with complicated scenarios. If you a forward thinker and problem solver, this is the place to be as will be supporting you to fast forward your career.
We maximise each employee’s potential through personal development through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal. We believe in remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
• Pillar 3 Supplemental Pension;
• 25 days’ holiday a year;
• Private medical insurance;
• Group life insurance policy;
• Meal vouchers;
• Other cool perks.