Data Engineer for BIG DATA - 102580
METRO SYSTEMS Romania is a subsidiary of METRO SYSTEMS Germany. Since 2006, when METRO SYSTEMS Romania was established in Bucharest, the number of employees has increased steadily to 800. The second office was founded in Brasov in 2014.Cerinte
What we’re looking for?
* Data Engineer for BIG DATA solution of Metro
* Supporting Data Discovery, Data Science and Analysis with the right Data Lake layer
* Passionate about BIG DATA concepts, technologies
* Knowledge on Hadoop Big Data Eco Systems (Spark, Hive, Yarn) in combination with Cassandra
* Knowledge in JAVA, PYTHON
* Good knowledge on SCALA, SQL
* Knowledge about Data Ingestion Pipelines (e.g. Kafka)
* ETL/ELT processes knowledge on actual Big Data Technologies (e.g. Apache Nifi)
* Knowledge about architectural designs in the Big Data world
* You’re a great fit if you have:
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Mature and self-motivated professional with the ability to work in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment
* Having an agile mind-set to work in scrum team
* A focus on customer service/satisfaction with strong interpersonal skills and responsiveness
* Ability to build strong working relationships and work within a global, remote workforce
* Advanced English Language speaker
Why should you join us?
* We are in the beginning of setting up new products with new technologies that will bring a great learning and self-development opportunity.
* We will bring a new software generation to our users meant at delighting them and making them our passionate fans as their preferred IT service providers.
* We value creativity, flexibility and effectiveness aimed at creating maximum added value for the business.
* With this project we are aiming to build up a data repository, for large quantities and varieties of data, both structured and unstructured based on a Hadoop Distributed File System that will be the serving layer for data analytics, machine learning algorithms and discovery tools. The big data project is also looking to explicitly articulate a Management Frame on data for Metro because basically, all data in Metro ecosystem is in scope of this initiative.
* For this purpose, we will use open source technologies like HDFS, Apache NIFI, Spark, Kafka, Java, Scala, Python.
What we offer?
* Opportunity to learn and work with a variety of technologies
* Career programs
* Multicultural, Agile environment that encourages new ideas and innovation
* Flexible working hours
* Lunch tickets
* Medical subscription and life insurance
* Private pension
* Fitness centers discounts, sports activities and other company events
* Good transport connections and free parking
* Relaxation area (ping pong, foosball, massage)
* Free Bookster.ro account and…fresh orange juice, good coffee, fresh fruits.