Billing Agent - English
At SNC-Lavalin, we all have a common purpose. What matters to you, it matters to us, equally. You are talented and motivated, ready to explore where the future takes you and we’re here to work with you side by side.
Globally, we are one of the leading engineering and construction groups in the world, but here in Bucharest, within our Finance Shared Services Centre (FSSC), we only focus on building your career, while providing financial support to the SNC-Lavalin colleagues worldwide.
Our team is constantly growing and exciting openings are waiting for you! All you have to do is enjoy finance, communication and interaction with people around the world.
Why join SNC-Lavalin?
• Improve your language skills by interacting with native French and English speakers / access language courses
• Take real opportunities to boost your career in finance
• Enjoy flexible schedule, with day and evening shifts
• Receive motivational financial package & flexible benefits
• Direct contract with SNC-Lavalin.
A journey where the purpose is present at all stages is our promise to you. Meet us!
Founded in 1911 and with offices in over 40 countries, SNC-Lavalin is a fully integrated professional services and project Management Company, covering a variety of industry sectors, including mining & metallurgy, oil & gas, environment & water, infrastructure and clean power. In many cases, SNC-Lavalin combines these services with its financing and operations & maintenance capability to provide a complete end-to-end project approach. Thus, the Finance Shared Services Centre (FSSC) in Romania is the internal "unit" responsible for the execution and the handling of specific financial tasks.
• Proficiency in English, French is a plus
• Basic accounting knowledge is a plus
• University Degree or relevant work experience
• Excellent Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
• Basic knowledge of Oracle or another ERP system is a plus
Capabilities and qualifications
• Strong team player
• Strong customer service orientation
• Able to set priorities and complete multiple tasks simultaneously
• Good analytical abilities paired with a good sense of meticulousness
• Work experience in a shared services, process driven or service center environment
• Good communication skills
This role is an exciting career opportunity for those who are fluent in English and who aim at fully exploit their knowledge in the finance and accounting fields. The position is also a good opportunity for beginners as we will help you learn everything you need to know on the job.
The Billings Agent role is part of the Billings Team of SNC-Lavalin’s Finance Shared Services Centre.
You will be in charge of issuing client invoices. You will be closely collaborating with project teams in order to obtain all required information, validate billing conditions and ensure the client invoice is issued timely and accurately.
• Prepare client invoices based on billing conditions and instructions
• Prepare intercompany invoices
• Issue and send clients invoices, including submission on client self-service portal
• Issue credit memos
• Issue monthly statement of accounts for internal and external clients.
• Maintain project information to ensure billing conditions are timely entered and updated
• Maintain all billing related project documentation in a central document repository
Our offer towards work-life balance
• Direct contract with SNC-Lavalin
• Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
• Team activities, team-building events, Fun@Work
• Employees Wellness Program – fresh fruits, free coffee and tea, chair massage, employee wellness rooms
• Learning and Development programs, Career opportunities
• CSR & Sport activities
• Open and dynamic work environment
• Flexible working schedule organized in 2 shifts: 10:00 - 19:00 and 13:00 - 22:00* Monday to Friday
*3 mandatory evening shifts per month, with the possibility to extend to a maximum of 10 evening shifts per month (bonus after the 6th evening shift).