Resourcer - Sales Consulting Center
Explore Oracle and become our next great hire!
With more than 420,000 customers - including 100 of the Fortune 100 - and with deployments across a wide variety of industries in more than 145 countries, Oracle offers a comprehensive and fully integrated stack of cloud applications, platform services, and engineered systems.
Currently counting over 4100 employees in the Bucharest and Iasi offices, Oracle Romania has been prominently listed as one of the „Most Desired Employers” in the local market over the last 6 years, including the top rank for the past 3 years.
Oracle is a key contributor globally to IT education through its Oracle Academy Program. Oracle Academy currently supports 664 institutions and over 52,000 students in Romania. In 2016 we are training 200 teachers in Java Fundamentals and Java Programming.
Beside key administrative functions for customers, partners and Oracle organizations, Romania is also home for core development centers and teams helping customers to realize successful IT projects. To name a few:
Oracle Product Development
Oracle Advanced Customer Support
Oracle Software Support Services
Oracle Sales Consulting Center
Oracle is constantly recruiting for a variety of departments, looking for talented candidates with both technical and non-technical background. The ideal candidate would be the one with high potential and ability to learn and adapt quickly to a fast changing, innovative and demanding environment. If you’re looking for insight into life at Oracle, explore our culture, or want to join the social conversation, check out our Oracle Facebook Community.
The job as a Resourcer is challenging and diverse and you will be working in a multinational environment in one of our Sales Consulting Centres (ideally Bucharest or Bangalore).
The Sales Consulting Centre is an inspiring place where employees develop skills and build experience to enable them to be successful. What we offer:
An interesting multicultural work environment where you will interact with colleagues across EMEA & JAPAC
A challenging and varied job, a combination of building basic product knowledge and sales abilities
Excellent possibilities to develop yourself and your career in an environment focused on continuous learning and providing ample opportunity to train and develop personal and interpersonal skills
What you will be doing:
We are looking for an organized Resourcer to support our SCC Solutions management in aligning the right people to the right projects at the right time, by being responsible for staffing and resourcing service requests for a dedicated team/queue of solution engineers.
You will be learning on-the-job by remotely supporting EMEA & APAC solution engineers by analysing service requests to make sure the right team is involved and identifying and assigning the best resources to support them. This will give you the opportunity to build basic product knowledge and combine this with a good commercial sense while working in an international environment.
The Resourcer will be responsible for resource tracking and allocation across relevant Service Requests, ensuring the right fit of solution engineering capabilities against request requirements, and working to ensure the organization meets its business and customer satisfaction goals through effective resourcing. This is a hands-on role, interacting with customer facing solution engineers, SCC solution engineers and SCC Solutions management. The Resourcer also manages tools, data, and reporting pertaining to resource management of SCC S staff, including capability, availability and utilization data. In addition, the Resourcer will be a focal point for standardization and compliance initiatives in alignment with the Business Optimization function.
Who you are:
You come from a professional services or large program management background and understand staffing, utilization and forecasting activities. You love complex logistics in a proactive and reactive environment, excited about managing consultant’s schedules and constant change as well as an interest in analytics, modelling and forecasting.
You understand that constant change is the norm and you are comfortable staffing overall resource requirements across multiple product specializations within several geographic regions. You manage time effectively & you are able to monitor performance against deadlines and milestones.
You can build trust and collaborate across multiple teams in a multicultural environment to ensure targets are being met. You like to consult with others and share information and expertise with them; you build easily team spirit and reconcile conflict; adapt to the team and fit in well.
You focus on customer needs and meeting customer satisfaction, as well as monitoring and maintaining both quality and productivity. You work in a systematic, methodical and orderly way, consistently achieving project goals and delivering results.
- Business or Technical/IT university degree with a good understanding of IT market and trends
- Knowledge and application of Resource Management principles and procedures
- Prior Resource Management or Program Management experience (strongly preferred)
- Experience with relevant tools (resource planning and scheduling systems) is an advantage
- A demonstrable aptitude to learn new technologies; excellent working experience with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Demonstrated high level of analytical and problem-solving skills in managing complex requests & conflicting priorities through a calm and focused approach
- Ability to manage & influence stakeholders ensuring compliance with the agreed process
- Good organization, planning and time management skills
- Excellent inter-personal, written and verbal communication skills in English, including project status reports; additional languages are a plus (e.g. French, German)
- Work independently with minimal supervision, with resources locally and remotely via phone and WebEx
- Ability to multi-task and share job responsibilities in virtual teams across EMEA & APAC
- Results orientation and focus on quality
- Proactiveness and positive “can do” attitude to work
Schedule and coordinate the process of staffing SCC Solutions resources to customer facing solution engineering requests.
· Receive and analyse all resource requests for your allocated team/queue
· Work closely with the Management Team and Subject Matter Experts to understand project staffing needs, prioritization information and capabilities vs staffing requirements
· Review and recommend project staffing – using request requirements and practice data such as: service catalogue, history of engagements, Skills Matrix, availability, time estimates, utilization, business priorities etc.
· Coordinate with managers as needed to review, recommend, and confirm resource assignments – sense of urgency require
Ensuring all projects are staffed in a timely manner according to existing SLAs; proactively drive resource issues or escalations in a timely manner
· Clarify any exceptions to the rules
· Lead / Participate in weekly resource meetings to address resourcing needs / share knowledge.
Resource Data Management and Reporting:
Support the development and maintenance of all data management-reporting tools related to resource management.
Provide relevant resource data reports to management and Business optimization function at predetermined intervals and upon request including utilization, forecasting and KPI reports.
· Maintain up-to-date information on the services delivered by the allocated team
· Management of allocated team Skill Matrix & Availability tool, ensuring all resources have their records updated at all times
· Document and track all open and committed resource assignments, forecast possible at-risk requests or practice resource constraints
· Analyse and report on key business metrics related to staffing, utilization, progress, issues, etc.
· Propose enhancements for the tools necessary for efficient and effective staffing
· Propose process improvements around resource staffing across SCC Solutions, while also ensuring process compliance across teams
Oracle - Like no one else:
A challenging job in a positive atmosphere within an international organisation with a dynamic team
The opportunity to influence your job and your workplace and to become part of an innovative business unit
A competitive compensation package that is aligned with your qualifications and includes an employee benefits scheme
Most important is an eagerness to learn! Oracle has an incredibly broad (and growing) portfolio of industry leading products. If you find it interesting and fun to pick up a new product and master it in a very short timeframe, this is the place to be!