Senior IT Support Engineer
Schneider Electric is leading the Digital Transformation of Energy Management and Automation in Homes, Buildings, Data Centers, Infrastructure and Industries.
With revenues of €24.7 billion in FY2016, our 144,000 employees serve customers in over 100 countries, helping them manage their energy by offering IoT-enabled solutions to seamlessly connect, collect, analyze and act on data in real-time delivering enhanced safety, efficiency, reliability, and sustainability.
From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Our connected technologies will reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives.
At Schneider Electric, we call this Life Is On.
Find out more about Schneider Electric Romania at www.schneider-electric.ro.
The On-Site Support Engineer is responsible to support Schneider Electric Workplace and infrastructure Equipment (including network related ones) physically on-location at Schneider Electric.
- 5+ years end user support experience in different platforms
- Ability to work in flexible hours depends on the need
- Experienced with ITSM tools.
- Experienced with VIP users support
· Microsoft certified professional
· Governance and management of vendors.
· SCCM, AD, McAfee, MS Outlook, Office 365.
· Needs to be continually learning the latest platforms and technology tools.
· Overall technical understanding of all IT platforms and services (. networking, hardware, web development, app development, cloud computing, etc.).
· Advance level of English (Speaking, Writing, Reading)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
· Excellent research, analytical, and problem-solving skills
· Provides Desk Side support services to end users when incidents cannot be resolved remotely through the Service Desk.
· Provides HW Break & Fix support services to end users when hardware incidents need a replacement of defective whole unit by an equivalent one.
· Provides Asset Tracking services for Schneider workplace equipment. Assure CMDB is updated to reflect required, accurate data for new equipment deployments, equipment reassignment, equipment returns, etc.
· Provides Eyes & Hand support to operate technical tasks requests on infrastructure equipment, and under control of the remote administration team.
· Deploy and manage non-network attached printers, storage devices and miscellaneous peripherals.
· Provide physical on-site and/or remote support services for end users in remote locations.
· Provide on-site support for any activities for server maintenance upgrades.
· Provide L1 support for audio/ visual equipment.
· Provide technical support for special events such as annual meetings, Board meetings, training sessions, for both internal/external end users.
· Perform and support hardware and software IMACDs, reinstallations, updates and downloads for desktops, laptops, SmartPhones/Tablets and other mutually agreed and defined devices.
· Coordinate with external vendors for service to location infrastructure components.
· Provide installation / relocation / disposal of network printers.
· Provide secure location for storage of on-site tapes.