Mechanical Engineer for P S&A - TSR
With sales of €40.5 billion in 2016, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently employs more than 230,000 employees in 56 countries. In the Powertrain Division we integrate innovative and efﬁcient powertrain system solutions from today and tomorrow for vehicles of all categories. Within the vision of Clean Power, our products make driving not only more affordable and environmentally friendly, but also more comfortable and enjoyable. We offer our customers a comprehensive selection of products ranging from gasoline and diesel injection systems, turbochargers, engine management and transmission control systems to sensors and actuators. Exhaust aftertreatment, fuel supply systems as well as systems and components for hybrid and electric drives complete our portfolio. There are two main impulses for the advancement of drive technologies: Firstly, active climate protection, in particular the reduction of CO2 emissions and exhaust gases. And secondly, the increasing need for individual mobility, which results in various requirements for vehicles and drive systems. The Powertrain Division has more than 35,400 employees working at 54 locations in 19 countries.
Your main responsibilities will include:
* Creation and modification of mechanical designs for Actuators, various fixtures and test devices using appropriate techniques (design, calculation, CAD modeling, tolerance calculation ,simulation, drawings creation), in accordance with company quality standards and design guidelines in a timely manner.
* Communication with the customer to correctly understand the task requirements
* Performing the assigned tasks at the requested level of quality and time-frame, being able to handle customer's feedback and proactively contribute to improve the quality of deliverables.
* Modeling in 3D and creating drawings by using Creo & a PDM tool, performing tolerance calculations in order to validate the design.
* Taking care of the mechanical part of Actuators projects and being an active part of the project team. A mentor will support you to stepwise take over own responsibility after an initial training phase which will familiarize you with our products, tools, processes and organization.
* Relevant working experience in mechanics - will be a plus
* Good technical skills and ability in technical drawings reading
* Good knowledge of die-cast , injection molding, deep-drawing, punching and machining technologies
* Experience in using CAD tools (Creo, CATIA V5 etc.)
* Good English knowledge (German is a plus)
* Good communication skills
* Good MS Office knowledge and skills
* FMEA knowledge
* Well organized person, attentive to details, rigorous
* Integration Program in a professional, young & dynamic team
* Competitive Salaries (based on performance) & Benefits
* Health & Wellness (Private Health and Life Insurance, Sport activities etc.)
* Professional Development Opportunities (in Technical and Managerial Area)
* International Work Environment & Traveling Opportunities
* Relocation Package for non-Timisoara/Iasi Residents
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.