Functional Support Engineer
Whether complying with regulatory requirements or managing financial transactions, addressing a single key risk, or working toward a holistic enterprise risk management strategy, Wolters Kluwer Financial Services works with customers worldwide to help them successfully navigate regulatory complexity, optimize risk and financial performance, and manage data to support critical decisions.
Wolters Kluwer Financial Services provides risk management, compliance, finance and audit solutions that help financial organizations improve efficiency and effectiveness across their enterprise.
Wolters Kluwer Financial Services is part of Wolters Kluwer, a global leader in information services and solutions for professionals in the health, tax and accounting, risk and compliance, finance and legal sectors, headquartered in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands.
Qualifications and Competences
• At least a Bachelor's degree (BA or BS) in Economics, Finance, Banking or another related field; Students in final years are also eligible
• Thorough understanding of financial and banking concepts is mandatory
• Basic IT and outstanding Excel knowledge
• Affinity with or interest in financial software based solutions; database or SQL knowledge is desirable
• Relevant experience with banking instruments is considered an advantage
• Experience in banking reporting requirements (IFRS 9, Basel III, Liquidity reporting, MIFID II etc.) is considered an asset
• Business fluency in English, written and oral. Other languages are a plus
• Basic computer programming – considered an advantage
• IT skills (Java OOP) – considered an advantage
• Team player with a strong commitment to finding solutions
• Ability to work directly with clients
• Willingness to learn fast and be flexible
We are currently looking for a Functional Support Engineer with thorough knowledge of finance and banking topics to participate in the analysis of customer needs, their translation into functional specifications, functional conception of the system by being responsible for providing support to the customer. In this role you will work on one of the Regpro products which includes a variety of EBA and country specific reporting projects. You will play an important role in the functional development of the software by closely working together with the development team and the customer which will ensure staying up to date with current regulations in your field. Since our software is developed with a strong focus on the end-user in an agile way, you will be working closely together with experienced software developers and subject matter experts.
The successful candidate will:
• Participate to product first and second line support by analyzing reported customer cases and providing resolution recommendation
• Advise clients and/or development team on new reporting requirements and implemented solutions
• Provide financial/regulatory reporting expertise to clients (such as reporting requirements based on FINREP/IFRS 9, MIFID II, Liquidity etc.)
• Analyze specific live financial scenarios faced by our customers
• Perform non regression analysis
• Analyze test results to validate new functionalities in close collaboration with the functional development team
• Answer detailed functional finance questions from consultants that are implementing our software at the client’s site