Functional Support Engineer
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Wolters Kluwer Financial Services active
View all jobs Functional Support Engineer active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Banks - Financial Institutions active on Hipo.ro
Wolters Kluwer N.V. (AEX: WKL) is a global leader in information services and solutions for professionals in the health, tax and accounting, risk and compliance, finance and legal sectors. We help our customers make critical decisions every day by providing expert solutions that combine deep domain knowledge with specialized technology and services. Wolters Kluwer reported 2017 annual revenues of €4.4billion. The company, headquartered in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands, serves customers in over 180 countries, maintains operations in over 40 countries and employs 19,000 people worldwide. Wolters Kluwer shares are listed on Euronext Amsterdam (WKL) and are included in the AEX and Euronext 100 indices. For more information about our solutions and organization, visit www.wolterskluwer.com, follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
In our specific business unit, Wolters Kluwer Governance, Risk and Compliance we possess deep insight into the industry, providing governance, risk and compliance programs and solutions to more than 15,000 financial services organizations worldwide. More than 400 in-house experts - former regulators and compliance officers, risk analysts, lawyers and financial industry specialists – embed their knowledge and expertise in every service or solution so that financial organizations can be confident they are managing their organization's Finance, Risk and Regulation needs effectively. Despite rapidly changing industry conditions, financial organizations can rest assured knowing that Wolters Kluwer is able to invest and quickly respond to market needs, with financial stability for the long term.
Qualifications and Competences
• At least a Bachelor's degree (BA or BS) in Economics, Finance, Banking or another related field; Students in final years are also eligible
• Thorough understanding of financial and banking concepts is mandatory
• Basic IT and outstanding Excel knowledge
• Affinity with or interest in financial software based solutions; database or SQL knowledge is desirable
• Relevant experience with banking instruments is considered an advantage
• Experience in banking reporting requirements (IFRS 9, Basel III, Liquidity reporting, MIFID II etc.) is considered an asset
• Business fluency in English, written and oral. Other languages are a plus
• Basic computer programming – considered an advantage
• IT skills (Java OOP) – considered an advantage
• Team player with a strong commitment to finding solutions
• Ability to work directly with clients
• Willingness to learn fast and be flexible
We are currently looking for a Functional Support Engineer with thorough knowledge of finance and banking topics to participate in the analysis of customer needs, their translation into functional specifications, functional conception of the system by being responsible for providing support to the customer. In this role you will work on one of the Regpro products which includes a variety of EBA and country specific reporting projects. You will play an important role in the functional development of the software by closely working together with the development team and the customer which will ensure staying up to date with current regulations in your field. Since our software is developed with a strong focus on the end-user in an agile way, you will be working closely together with experienced software developers and subject matter experts.
The successful candidate will:
• Participate to product first and second line support by analyzing reported customer cases and providing resolution recommendation
• Advise clients and/or development team on new reporting requirements and implemented solutions
• Provide financial/regulatory reporting expertise to clients (such as reporting requirements based on FINREP/IFRS 9, MIFID II, Liquidity etc.)
• Analyze specific live financial scenarios faced by our customers
• Perform non regression analysis
• Analyze test results to validate new functionalities in close collaboration with the functional development team
• Answer detailed functional finance questions from consultants that are implementing our software at the client’s site