Linux Administrator -DevOps
Enter the homeland of many epic games and be part of our world. Ubisoft is a place where creativity, passion and innovation are the driving force and over 1800 people are at its core.
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands, including Assassin’s Creed, Just Dance, Tom Clancy’s video game series, Rayman, Far Cry and Watch Dogs. The teams throughout Ubisoft’s worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms, including consoles, mobile phones, tablets and PCs. Today it became an exciting success story, with a strong history of titles such as Silent Hunter, Blazing Angels, H.A.W.X, Just Dance, Assassin’s Creed, Ghost Recon or Watch Dogs.
Ubisoft Romania is the first Ubisoft production studio outside France. The Romanian adventure, which began in 1992, has turned into an exciting success story where Production, Test and IT Department are its driving force.
Come and join our team of over 1800 professionals and help us create highly appreciated interactive entertainment products!
Ubisoft's IT department is currently looking for a Linux Administrator - DevOps to join the IT team in charge of most of the online ecosystem. The Linux Administrator - DevOps will collaborate with the Team, Development Teams, Partners, Network Services and other IT services to automate our operations, implement remediation actions as well as develop tools that will help our games stay up and running for the players.
• College or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science.
• 3+ years of experience in Linux systems administration in a 100+ server’s environment;
• 1+ years of experience administrating DevOps system.
• Hands-on experience with Continuous Integration tools;
• Proficient with software development tools/progress tracking and collaboration suites, GIT, Bitbucket, JIRA, Confluence, etc.
• Experience with Docker and AWS (or any other cloud);
• Platform performance testing;
• Proficient in scripting languages such as Bash/Python/ etc.
• Focused on business outcomes;
• Comfortable with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders;
• Proven ability to function effectively in a fast-paced international environment;
• Fluency in English both written and oral.
• Developing techniques and methodologies to resolve unprecedented problems or situations;
• Must be a self-starter that requires only limited supervision/guidance;
• Honesty, integrity and confidentiality must be maintained at all times;
• Be a team player;
• Have good interpersonal communication skills;
• Ability to work effectively in a fast paced changing environment;
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
• Responsible for the proper daily operations of the systems under his responsibility;
• Ability to develop processes to ensure a scalable architecture;
• Improve continuous integration and delivery systems;
• Assist in evaluating new requirements, technical design and standards;
• Act as a subject matter expert for all things DevOps for tool developer teams;
• Work together with other IT Teams and Services managers to constantly improve and automate the operations on our games and services;
• Build metrics driven software development environment with supporting reporting tools;
• Integrate all development tools for validation workflow including build, check-in, code review, code coverage, defect tracking system;
• Keep up to date with new DevOps trends and technologies.
We want you to give your best, so we have a bonus system based on performance.
We look forward to your development, so there are various Training and Knowledge Sharing programs to choose from.
We are proud of our games and we would like you to feel the same way: you’ll have access to the internal games library, to goodies and games.
We want you to feel great at the office, so there are various utilities in UBISOFT building, such as a fully featured Gym, large Cafeteria, recreation rooms, bike rental service etc.
Since we value health you’ll have access to private medical system, and to the doctor on-site.
And, most of all, we guarantee you’ll enjoy our atmosphere and working environment!