Interview with Luciana Diaconu - Senior HR Manager London Stock Exchange
In the following interview, we get to know more about LSEG's HR strategies from a more practical perspective and about their sure-fire ways of attracting the right talent for their company.
1. Please tell us a bit about yourself as an HR professional
Before this, I’ve gathered experience in business and management mainly in commercial areas and this helped me frame the HR processes in a larger and more relevant business context.
I am happy to bring my experience from both business and HR, but I am also interested to learn from the tech industry, which proved to be a very dynamic environment with specific challenges.
2. What are the main challenges in HR? How do you and your team handle them?
There are also challenges regarding the attraction and retention of talent and helping people reach their full potential. Even if they decide to leave at one moment in time, they will carry this with them, will create better standards in the market place and they will continue to be your ambassadors even after leaving the company.
Addressing the challenges:
As an HR team, be it local or global, we always try to ensure that any HR strategy or plans we define are aligned with the business goals.
From a more practical perspective, we make sure we invest in people development, measure the impact of all initiatives we have, listen and understand colleagues' feedback, and (re) adapt/ evolve as fast as possible.
3. What are the top 3 soft skills you look for in an employee? What about the hard skills?
We look for people with learning agility, drive and curiosity, as a minimum set of skills ensuring the foundation of what they will build in their journey in LSEG.
As hard skills are very specific to each role, it very much depends on the technologies required. But, generally, we are always in search of software developers, infrastructure engineers, quality testers, project managers, data scientists just to name a few.
4. How do you determine if a candidate fits your company’s culture? What are you looking at?
This way we ensure that the process is two-folded: we understand our potential future colleagues, and they have the chance to better assess their match with the role, our company and our organizational culture.
5. How do you manage to attract and retain top talent?
We learnt that people are attracted to work in companies where they can contribute to the accomplishment of its vision/purpose and also they are attracted by the newest technologies and exciting projects.
Another point, high on our agenda, is to have healthy career progression policies and processes, creating career opportunities along with a large array of learning and development options for acquiring both technical and soft skills.
Reward and recognition is also an area we focus on, including an extended list of benefits for our colleagues.
6. How do you keep your employees engaged? Are there certain benefits that have a bigger impact on employee motivation and engagement?
And, of course, there are many fun and engaging activities that we have reorganized during this period, mentioning only a few: online fun surveys treasure hunts, online gatherings and teambuilding.
7. How do you help employees learn and evolve in their career?
We implemented a very strong model of Career Framework linked directly to the development needs for each role seniority and also with talent specific.
8. What pieces of advice do you have for a candidate who wants to apply for a job at London Stock Exchange Group?
Also, it is very important to prepare for interviews ahead of time, both technical and HR. This is the only time you get to convince managers and the HR colleagues that you are the one for the job.
We are looking for colleagues interested in the bigger picture of how the technology industry is evolving who are driven, resilient and eager to leave their mark on the projects and teams they are part of.
Check out all the available positions from LSEG Romania here
Alte articole din aceasta sectiune:
- 300 de tineri din Generatia Z s-au bucurat de experienta NextGen Academy oferita de BCR
- YOUvolunteer | Follow the path of volunteering
- Huawei se alatura proiectului NextGen Academy
- 5 Modalitati in care puteti investi pentru dezvoltarea carierei
- Job-ul de Specialist SEO se cauta din ce in ce mai mult si salariul ajunge si pana la 2000 euro lunar!