Java Developer (Telecom)
ALTEN Romania, a subsidiary of ALTEN Group – with a unique position as a European Leader in IT & Engineering Consulting, was established in 2006 in Bucharest, with the aim to provide technical consulting for the customers of this specific market. Since its inception, the company grew and now has offices in Bucharest, Timisoara, Sibiu and Cluj-Napoca.
Through its team of over 300 specialists in software development, business analysis, business intelligence, PMO, Project Management, testing, technical support, automotive and aerospace engineering, ALTEN Romania is providing specialized services, both on the local and international markets in business sectors such as: aerospace, automotive, finances, pharmaceutics and telecom.
ALTEN Romania has a technical team of consultants and experts in engineering specialized in CATIA V5, NewPDM, SolidWorks, Matlab/Simulink, HIL, Autosar and others, while the IT Division has precise specializations like: Java, .NET, PHP, C#, C++, SIEBEL, Informatica PowerCenter, Cognos, MS BI and Oracle BI, BSCS and more.
• Experience development, production and testing (SIT, Pre-Production) according to the knowledge of the methodologies and processes related to management of production systems
• Work experience gained in companies and projects in IT, telecommunications, industrial, etc. with an autonomous organization of IT operations
• Previous experience in IT environment in a relevant field such as applications administration and development
• Experience in systems integration, including management of issues of interconnection, communication, etc
• Previous experience in the use of procedures for Configuration Management
• Experience designing and / or testing of complex software applications
• Strong level of OS knowledge: UNIX (Sun Solaris, HP-UX), Linux, Windows
• Experience with scripting languages: Ksh, Bash, Perl
• Good level of knowledge of TCP/IP suite
• High level of expertise of Web Servers, Application Servers and Middleware applications such as: Apache, Tomcat, Oracle WEB Logic, JBoss, IIS
• Good experience with Databases: Oracle, SQL, MySql
• Good knowledge of Java
• Familiar with well-known services: ssh, ftp, NFS, Samba
The below tools and technologies are needed as the candidate should have Java background in order to fulfill the requests:
• Databases : Oracle, MySql
• Java, J2EE
• Struts, JSF, Primefaces, Vaadin, IceFaces.
• Spring Core
• LDAP interaction
• Web Services
• .Net with C# / Visual Basic
• Eclipse / NetBeans / IntelliJIdea / Visual Studio
Other Requirements (Competencies):
• Knowledge of English spoken and written at a level sufficient to maintain relationships with colleagues and corporate organizations with which it is connected
• Pro-active person, with the necessary drive to create and maintain the Applications capability
• Relevant degree or above in telecom, IT or electronic engineering
• Flexible in changing work patterns and demands
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal
• Ability to work within a global, remote workforce
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Ability to work under pressure.
• To manage the WEB Applications landscape within the company domain.
• Interact with other teams in order assess new opportunities and participate in requirements gathering.
• Solution analyze and effort estimate for the requests
• Low level design for the applications.
• Development for the requests and bug fixing on the existing applications.
• Provide work instructions and improvements of the processes.
• Management and implementation of new automatic scripts and applications
• Verify and implement configuration changes at the request of the customer or when is needed for performance reasons
• Coordinate and work together with other teams such as: 2nd line of support, 1st level support, Testing
• Installation, tuning and troubleshooting of complex software applications
• Administration and monitoring of complex software applications.